Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ventilation motor in my driver's seat recently began making noise. Sounds like there may be something stuck in the fan blades. I had thought I read somewhere that they had filters in them and attempted to locate a part number for a replacement filter. Obviously, if something made it into the fan something is wrong with the filter. According to the service manual the seats have to be removed to access the motor and filter so I thought I would just acquire the filter ahead of time and replace the filter when I took it apart to check the motor and fan.

I have an extended warranty but the deductible is $3 less than the price of a new blower motor ($253) if it even needs one. Yes, there would be labor too but I would rather just do it myself than wait around at the dealership for a couple of hours and then have to wait for the extended warranty company to pay me back. If I took it to the dealer and it didn’t need a replacement, I would be out $120 an hour for them to take it apart and clean it etc.

Checked a Nissan parts website for the filter. Could not find a listing, nothing on the parts list or exploded views for the filter in the seat blower assembly. Dug into the service manual. The manual shows “Blower Motor with Filter” There is no mention of how to replace the filter, it just shows how to remove the whole assembly.

Part on the exploded view with the label

No mention of the filter in disassembly instruction.

I think I’ll just take it apart and see what’s in there. If the motor is bad I’ll acquire one, if not I’ll see if I can find a comparable filter on amazon or clean the original.

Has anyone replaced one of these filters without replacing the motor? Do you have the part number?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Filters are $12.60 on Amazon Prime, just search for Nissan seat filter.

That is for a 7th gen (09-14) Maxima which has a completely different blower. The filter for that car is part number 87383-9N00A, which only fits 09-14 Maxima and 09-19 370Z

This is the motor in the video you posted. You can see the removable filter

This is the motor in the 3rd gen Murano (could not locate photo without tubing) No accessible filter.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Contacted a dealer, they confirmed no filter in the 3rd gen Murano ventilated seats. Time for exploratory surgery!

·
Registered
237 Posts
That is for a 7th gen (09-14) Maxima which has a completely different blower. The filter for that car is part number 87383-9N00A, which only fits 09-14 Maxima and 09-19 370Z

This is the motor in the video you posted. You can see the removable filter

This is the motor in the 3rd gen Murano (could not locate photo without tubing) No accessible filter.

I stand corrected. Who woudda thunk Nissan would have eliminated the filter. Kinda looks like there is only a screen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts