Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ventilation motor in my driver's seat recently began making noise. Sounds like there may be something stuck in the fan blades. I had thought I read somewhere that they had filters in them and attempted to locate a part number for a replacement filter. Obviously, if something made it into the fan something is wrong with the filter. According to the service manual the seats have to be removed to access the motor and filter so I thought I would just acquire the filter ahead of time and replace the filter when I took it apart to check the motor and fan.

I have an extended warranty but the deductible is $3 less than the price of a new blower motor ($253) if it even needs one. Yes, there would be labor too but I would rather just do it myself than wait around at the dealership for a couple of hours and then have to wait for the extended warranty company to pay me back. If I took it to the dealer and it didn’t need a replacement, I would be out $120 an hour for them to take it apart and clean it etc.

Checked a Nissan parts website for the filter. Could not find a listing, nothing on the parts list or exploded views for the filter in the seat blower assembly. Dug into the service manual. The manual shows “Blower Motor with Filter” There is no mention of how to replace the filter, it just shows how to remove the whole assembly.

Part on the exploded view with the label

No mention of the filter in disassembly instruction.

I think I’ll just take it apart and see what’s in there. If the motor is bad I’ll acquire one, if not I’ll see if I can find a comparable filter on amazon or clean the original.

Has anyone replaced one of these filters without replacing the motor? Do you have the part number?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Filters are $12.60 on Amazon Prime, just search for Nissan seat filter.

That is for a 7th gen (09-14) Maxima which has a completely different blower. The filter for that car is part number 87383-9N00A, which only fits 09-14 Maxima and 09-19 370Z

This is the motor in the video you posted. You can see the removable filter

This is the motor in the 3rd gen Murano (could not locate photo without tubing) No accessible filter.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Contacted a dealer, they confirmed no filter in the 3rd gen Murano ventilated seats. Time for exploratory surgery!

·
Registered
253 Posts
That is for a 7th gen (09-14) Maxima which has a completely different blower. The filter for that car is part number 87383-9N00A, which only fits 09-14 Maxima and 09-19 370Z

This is the motor in the video you posted. You can see the removable filter

This is the motor in the 3rd gen Murano (could not locate photo without tubing) No accessible filter.

I stand corrected. Who woudda thunk Nissan would have eliminated the filter. Kinda looks like there is only a screen.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has figured out if there infact is no filter?

My driver seat barely heat, but I can hear the fan blowing. The passenger seat also leaves allot to be desired but it much better than driver.

I'm hoping a good cleaning of the filter/screen will restore the seats heating to somewhat functional?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has figured out if there infact is no filter?

My driver seat barely heat, but I can hear the fan blowing. The passenger seat also leaves allot to be desired but it much better than driver.

I'm hoping a good cleaning of the filter/screen will restore the seats heating to somewhat functional?
Mine is just like that, the passenger side works well not the drivers, and the odd cold morning I have heard a loud whirrring sound, but turning the seat on and off a few times seemed to remedy the problem.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I left my Murano out in the cold last week, 7 degrees that night, and when I got in, about 30 seconds after I remote started it, the driver's seat fan was rattling like crazy. Passenger's seat was also excessively loud. Both on auto high. Sounded like cold fan bearings lacking lubrication.

Normally the car spends it's off time in a 50 degree garage, so when starting out, the seat fans are already warm, so to speak, and are quiet, even on high speed.

I 'm going to take one out and see how hard it is to get at the motor to lubricate the bearings and check to see if the filter is an issue. I've gotten down and looked at the assembly, can't see how that filter can get clogged enough to affect the air flow. It seems pretty porous. You would basically have to have a solid wad covering the filter to block the air flow to any extent.

I'll report back on any issues and the results.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I've had the same issue with the motors "rattling" when cold. It doesnt happen all the time, but when it does, its loud and sounds like its lacking lubricant. I find turning it off and one usually solves the problem.

Are these the same seat heaters/coolers Ininfiti uses? I saw a few Infinitis which had the same control knobs as the Murano, so im assuming its the same system. Feel bad for people who bought a "luxury" car and ended up with something like this....

·
Registered
24 Posts
I cleaned the filter by just wiping it off with my finger and after 3 years of my wife complaining about the drivers seat not heating up and the dealer saying everything is okay, the drivers seat heats up fine and she has to turn it on low or even off where as before it would be on high all of the time.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I cleaned the filter by just wiping it off with my finger and after 3 years of my wife complaining about the drivers seat not heating up and the dealer saying everything is okay, the drivers seat heats up fine and she has to turn it on low or even off where as before it would be on high all of the time.
Just wondering. What filter did you wipe off? And did you have to remove the seat or part of it to get to it?

My driver side isnt heating very well and I'm hoping your fix may do the trick.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The white mesh screen on to of the blower motor in the seat. I did have the seat unbolted. The dealer had told me that the extended warranty would cover the motor but the wiring harness was melted together and I would have to pay for that($300). I only wanted to see the condition of the wiring harness to see if I could make a new one ore repair the original. The harness was in perfect condition and that is when I notice the dust and dirt on top of the blower filter/screen.

·
Registered
504 Posts
The white mesh screen on to of the blower motor in the seat. I did have the seat unbolted. The dealer had told me that the extended warranty would cover the motor but the wiring harness was melted together and I would have to pay for that($300). I only wanted to see the condition of the wiring harness to see if I could make a new one ore repair the original. The harness was in perfect condition and that is when I notice the dust and dirt on top of the blower filter/screen.
Thanks for the info. Do you think this filter is accessible without removing the seat? I'm thinking along the lines of raising the seat as high as it goes and stick my hand under there.

Would it be at the bottom, front, side?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts