Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just got these fog lights from aliexpress ( LED bulb + housing)

I have been looking for some good bright fog lights for a while now.
When driving in heavy rain, they come in very useful in seeing in front of you, given the murano is a high.

I have bought many LED fog light bulb on amazon, and all claim to be the brightest, but they all fell short of lighting road good when it is raining.

These fog light also have a high beam mode in the housing, which I never seen in a fog light. It is a mechanical curtain that opens when activated. I guess you could connect it to your high beam to activate it, but not planning on using it.

I will try them on at night and see how they look.

Reactions: KBrian and PaulDay

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I did some testing tonight, and they are really bright, they lid up the front of the car and the side pretty well.

They fit 2015-2018 Murano perfectly, straight replacement. Although you might have to twist your arm when replacing the passenger side, since the wiper fluid is in front of the fog light.

There is an adjusting screw to lower or raise the light beam, and a mechanical curtain to select high beam, but I am not using it.

·
Registered
2017.5 Murano
11 Posts
Are your after-market fog lights a replacement for factory, or can they be added to a MO without factory fog lights?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not sure about the MO without factory fog lights.
I know the fog lights template is there on all murano, they are covered with plastic if no fog lights are present, but I am not sure about the wiring.
Does your murano have a switch to turn on the fog lights? If so then it should be easy.

·
Super Moderator
1,035 Posts
I believe that the wiring is there for the fog lights already, but the light control wand needs to be replaced with one that includes the fog light function, if you want them to operate as factory.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
2017.5 Murano
11 Posts
Hi Assad, thanks for your reply. Tonight I am trading in my 2017.5 Murano on 2019 Pathfinder [with only 1000 miles!] as we need a vehicle with greater tow capacity, so the fog light issue is moot. I do have a set of Yakima racks to fit the Murano without roof rails, includes cover locks, I'll let go for $300 including shipping. I invested about $700 in these racks, anyone interested let me know.
Jon

·
Super Moderator
8,481 Posts
For the record:

Fog lights are not driving lights. They do not throw a beam long distances; they throw a tightly controlled beam down the road at a controlled angle close to the road. The goal is to avoid reflecting light off the fog droplets in the air, which reduces visibility for the driver. Most "fog lights" (not all) are poorly designed and do not throw a focused beam anywhere; all they do is throw a wall of light up which blinds and offends drivers coming the other way. To do it right requires a carefully designed reflector coupled with a specifically designed lens. Vendors such as PIAA and Hella offer decent fog lights.

Driving lights are not fog lights. They DO throw a light beam far down the road, giving the driver extended visibility for driving at night and/or at elevated speeds. If you use them in fog, they will blind you. They are not designed to stay low, they are designed to throw a beam a long distance. A light similar to a Hella 500 is an example. A good light of this category requires a well-designed reflector and a very sell designed lens. Again, vendors such as Hella and PIAA offer good quality lights. They are not cheap.

I'm not asserting the lights in this conversation aren't good ones. I'm simply suggesting correct terminology and trying to add understanding of the functions of the lights in question.

Some info including sample light patterns is found here: Driving Lights, Fog Lights, off road lights... What's the difference?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts