Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in my brand new murano 2020 sl 300 miles very light vibration i feel in the steering wheel when a/c is on . but only when stop in traffic.is that normal? i had Maxima 2017 sv and did not notice this.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I've had a vibration at idle since day 1 in my 2017 Murano. I've posted many times in this forum concerned it was an issue with the car since I haven't noticed a vibration at idle (at this strength) in any of my other cars.

I found that during the winter time, the vibration was much stronger than usual and the RPM would drop down to almost 500 at idle. I switched out the battery and it helped with the low idle RPM and eliminated the vibration, only to come back a short time later.

I still have vibration at idle though. Some days more than others.

From what I have gathered in this forum from the last 3 years is that a lot of people notice the vibration at idle. So I'm assuming this is unfortunately the way it is.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had a vibration at idle since day 1 in my 2017 Murano. I've posted many times in this forum concerned it was an issue with the car since I haven't noticed a vibration at idle (at this strength) in any of my other cars.

I found that during the winter time, the vibration was much stronger than usual and the RPM would drop down to almost 500 at idle. I switched out the battery and it helped with the low idle RPM and eliminated the vibration, only to come back a short time later.

From what I have gathered in this forum from the last 3 years is that a lot of people notice the vibration at idle. So I'm assuming this is unfortunately the way it is.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Well thanks VORTEX. Maybe i will stop by NISSAN SERVICE one day it is located within walking distance from me.what you think ?maybe they can help.

·
Registered
587 Posts
It's always worth a shot to have them check it over incase it isnt normal.

Just in my case, the dealer has checked it over a few times and said everything was fine. I also noticed my friends Murano had this same vibration at idle. And some members on this forum have also noticed it.

So I would say, dont expect to have an absolutely zero or very close to zero idle vibration Murano.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's always worth a shot to have them check it over incase it isnt normal.

Just in my case, the dealer has checked it over a few times and said everything was fine. I also noticed my friends Murano had this same vibration at idle. And some members on this forum have also noticed it.

So I would say, dont expect to have an absolutely zero or very close to zero idle vibration Murano.
Thanks anyway
I have stoped at Nissan service today already and from what I described service advisor told me
. Nothing.its more or less normal with a/c on.will see maybe one day I will bring the car for service and have them take a closer look. Again thank you for your advice

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Murano Platinum AWD
35 Posts
FWIW my 2020 Platinum has no vibration at idle.

·
Super Moderator
8,465 Posts
"Very light vibration" is a vague term, but since the AC adds load to the engine, I would say that I have owned very few cars that didn't provide some feel for the engine via a bit of vibration when sitting at idle with he AC on. Of course, most of those had hydraulic power steering, which provides some degree of connection to the steering assembly.

Unless it amounts to the engine missing and you're feeling it through the steering wheel, I doubt that it matters.

Reactions: Michael Martin

·
Registered
1 Posts
in my brand new murano 2020 sl 300 miles very light vibration i feel in the steering wheel when a/c is on . but only when stop in traffic.is that normal? i had Maxima 2017 sv and did not notice this.
I have a new 2020 sl murano and around 1,000 rpm or around 35 to 40 mph you get a vibration. Took it to a dealer and showed them and they took a new one from the lot and did the same thing. I just called nissan direct to let them know and maybe they will fix this problem. The more people complain the better. It's a brand new car
Hope this helps

·
Registered
347 Posts
Gary123's vibration is different from the original posters "at idle with a/c on" vibration. Both are normal. The very slight vibration with a/c on at idle in drive is as Pilgrim stated, from the added load of the a/c. Every Murano I've had has had it. I don't really consider it a vibration so much as I can feel that the a/c is on (if that makes any sense). Maybe because it is so slight. The vibration at 1,000 rpm at certain speeds I term a reverberation and is the normal way the vehicle is tuned for optimum fuel economy. In fact, I've tried purposely to hit that mark in around town trips and when I did the mileage improvement was noticeable. I'm in a much larger metro now so much less opportunities for that kind of thing.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Simply stated, It Is What It Is......!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts