Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I'm driving home the other day and then all of a sudden this high frequency vibration is felt through the shifter..... first thought..... all my gosh.... the CVT is self destructing!

Good news, the MO is fine but and I figured out was was cuasing the vibration. Can anyone guess what was causing the vibration?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Gonzo-

Unlike many American-made RWD manual transmission vehicles that have the shifter directly mounted to the transmission housing, the MO's shifter handle is fastened to the console and is mechanically linked to the transmission by a single cable.

The RWD manual shifters would transmit engine torque and vibration with a vengeance. You would actually see them move from side to side as you got on and off the gas. The MO's shifter, on the other hand, does not transmit engine torque and should not be transmitting any vibration unless there is a problem in the tranny.

I would definitely contact your service rep.

Good luck.

-njjoe

·
Registered
828 Posts
I give up.....what?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Gonzo-

I goofed. I thought you were asking for help in determining the source of the vibration. I didn't realize it was a teaser.

So, what was the source of the vibration?

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Your cell phone in the cell pocket was on vibration and someone called you.....:2:

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
zebelkhan said:
Your cell phone in the cell pocket was on vibration and someone called you.....:2:
That's got to be it!! Good call!

-njjoe

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Oooooh. I like it!

Homer

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
zebelkhan said:
BINGO! That was it.... totaly scared the crap out of me when it happened.

You get 200 bonus points!

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I recently upgraded my cell phone and got a Motorola v551.

Now, what does a MO owner do when he gets a new toy?

Starts MOding it!

So I got millions of software, cable, and blue tooth stuff and started messing with it. One of the things I did was to raise it volume. It is now so loud that whenever it rings scares me and anyone who is close to me...:D

·
5,244 Posts
zebelkhan

I got the same Motorola - worst cell phone I have ever had! I am changing it right now. And it is not only my experience. Several co-workers are experiencing same problems - poor reception, speaker does or doesn't work, battery last either 5 days or half a day, and there is no logical explenation why, and on and on.....I am getting rid of it now......sorry Motorola..........or maybe not. Next phone will be Motorola too - the Razor

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
"it is now so loud that whenever it rings scares me and anyone who is close to me..."

Welcome to Florida.
We were in the same (upscale) restaurant last night.
Perhaps if I knew it was you, I wouldn't have glared at you like that. :D

Homer

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
hfelknor said:
We were in the same (upscale) restaurant last night.
Perhaps if I knew it was you, I wouldn't have glared at you like that. :D
Homer That was not me. I don't go to upscale restaurants because the dish sizes are just too small. You want to find me? Look for "all you can eat"....:2:

Kris, I am not happy with the quality either. I wanted to get a Razor at first but it felt too "flimzy", plus they would not give me three of them for free :D (I have three phones on a family plan). Wife and the kid are happy. I am the only one with trouble (check Sim, low battery, etc., etc.,) but I think it is mostly because I have had mine apart 4 times already since I got it 3 weeks ago.....:2:

P.s. Sorry for thread jack...:)

·
5,244 Posts
hfelknor said:
We were in the same (upscale) restaurant last night.....

Now I know why the new avator..............:2:

sorry, could not resist...;)

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
New avatar because a whole bunch of Newbies (with the names like Ralph and fred, etc) came in and Took "Homer the avatar".
Think I should switch back?
After all that IS me.
I am uncomfortable with those small portions........

Those vibrating phones STILL scare me outa my tree when they go off, despite carrying a pager for years.I can't help it, I just JUMP when they go off.:confused:

Homer

·
Registered
747 Posts
Zebelkhan

I have the Moto V400 and it has been pretty good. I believe it is the same (or very similar) as the V551 without bluetooth. The two complaints I have are that it is very bulky and the ringer is not loud enough. Any help you could give me on making the ringer louder would be very helpful. I have the cable to hook into the computer already and I found a thread once somewhere on how to up the volume, but cannot find it again and am probably too dumb to figure it out. I also want the RAZR, I want something I can stick in my pocket, I feel like my drawers are going to come down every time I clip my phone on my belt. PM me if you have an hints on the ringer.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
pcs15394 said:
I have the Moto V400 and it has been pretty good. I believe it is the same (or very similar) as the V551 without bluetooth. The two complaints I have are that it is very bulky and the ringer is not loud enough. Any help you could give me on making the ringer louder would be very helpful. I have the cable to hook into the computer already and I found a thread once somewhere on how to up the volume, but cannot find it again and am probably too dumb to figure it out. I also want the RAZR, I want something I can stick in my pocket, I feel like my drawers are going to come down every time I clip my phone on my belt. PM me if you have an hints on the ringer.
Go to to the link below and download PKTools application. You may have to register as a member at www.howardforums.com before you can have access. Then connect your phone, run the application and you will access to everything in your phone! I do recommend that you complletely back up your phon (all seems, data, and settings) before making any changes.

http://wiki.howardforums.com/motorola/index.php/General_Terms

·
Registered
747 Posts
Zeb

thanks for your help!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts