Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Funny thing happened today when I was stopped at a traffic signal.
another vehicle pulls alongside and I notice the driver checking out the Mo.
He rolls down his window and says how much he likes the Mo. He then asks how long I have had it and if I enjoy it.
Of course I love the car and advise him of much fun they are to drive.
He then pulls away in his Mercedes Suv.....
Haaaaaaaa
Score one for the MO.

·
4,664 Posts
That's funny... Murano Envy from a Mercedes driver...:D

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
If you know anything about the stock market.......

It's perfectly understandable.

Homer
:1:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes payment envy and dare I say looks envy................

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I love that story. My wife asked three times last week if she enjoys the MO. But of course!

·
Registered
29 Posts
BMW envy too....

I had a similar experence at the Gas Pump.
The lady on the otherside of the pump from me was checking out my MO and we had a little Q & A session about the MO while we both fueled up.

When she got done fueling, she came over to my side of the pump and took a closer look at the MO and interior.

Turns out she's trying to decide what to replace her BMW X3 with, a X5 or the MO......she's now leaning towards a loaded MO.

It seems that about every other trip to the pump, I have someone asking questions about the Murano......very nice.
It makes you drive away from the pump with a HUGE ear to ear grin everytime! :D

Score ANOTHER one for the MO!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Mo Questions

It does make you feel good. I have had two or three people stop me at red lights and ask me questions about the Mo. Seems to draw a lot of onlookers.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I also had someone ask me about the MO from the passenger side of another vehicle when we were waiting or moving slowly towards a train crossing. I had good things to say about it.

In another instance, someone on the right of me while driving asked me if mine was the chevy equinox.... I was so flustered, I think all I said was NO! He was one of those business persons treating his vehicle more like a phone booth than transportation I think..

·
Registered
155 Posts
I had an oil change done in the middle of a long road trip , at one of those quick lube places. It was in a small northern Canadian city. I don't think they'd ever had a Murano in, there is no Nissan dealer for about 300 miles. They just 'swarmed' the car, had a very good look at it for about half an hour. So much for the 'express oil change'!

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
bruno said:
I had an oil change done in the middle of a long road trip , at one of those quick lube places. It was in a small northern Canadian city. I don't think they'd ever had a Murano in, there is no Nissan dealer for about 300 miles. They just 'swarmed' the car, had a very good look at it for about half an hour. So much for the 'express oil change'!
Same thing happened to me at my local pennzoil. They pulled out the manual to figure out how to reset the OIL CHANGE needed warning in the car. Then they were looking in the engine area for a reset switch. When I walked out to see if there was something wrong, 5 greaseballs were in my car. I gladly showed all of them, 1 at a time, how to change the oil alert because they were afraid that more and more of these would be coming in and they would have no clue.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think that I have averaged at least one inquisitive person each week since getting mine about a year ago.

I am more than willing to show off the MO and let them have a peek inside and I usually end up drawing an imaginary picture of the CVT 'gears' in the air to explain the concept to those that really ask about the engine.

:)

·
5,268 Posts
Yes, it is still "attention getter. Last weekend we noticed a middle age couple next to our MO (at the Best Buy parking lot). When we got closer they appologized but wanted to know EVERYTHING about MO! Nice experience..........

·
Registered
275 Posts
I traded in my 2002 Alabaster White Mercedes ML320 on my 2003 Polished Pewter Nissan Murano SE.

Over all I like the Murano better, but don't think I will go with Nissan again.

For a little less money, I got about the same equipment level, a noiser interrior, but better ride and handeling; even though it "thumps" alot on bumpy roads. Most of all I acquired bad customer support/service. Hopefully I won't need to go there very often in the next couple years.

The other disappointment is how much more expensive comparable parts are for the Nissan Murano to the Mercedes ML320.

The little plastic wheel cap is $25.00 for the Murano. What is that? A nicer metal one for the BMW is $3.75. On a tail light, double the price of the Mercedes light to have a Murano light.... Wow!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
murano-attentions getter-i'd say so. i get people commin up infront of my house when i'm scrubbin down the mo asking questions about it. pretty cool.

Shift_attention

1 - 16 of 16 Posts