·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
MightyMo-

What was the MightyMo attempting to do in the second video? I couldn't figure it out.

-njjoe

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So my friend Michael of MWS Motorsports recently bought a good sized chunk of land and is making plans to build a house on it. One of the pieces of junk he needed to move was this big water tank. It was up the side of the hill at the end of a steep narrow dirt trail.

It took quite a while to pull the thing down the trail, being very careful I might add that the tank didn't decide to take the fast way down and try to pull the Mo along with it. That video is was the last step of yanking it down off the hill so he can have somebody come cut it up and take it away.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
MightyMo-

:eek: You have got to be kidding!! The tank looks bigger than the MO!

I'd attempt that with my Jeep (4 wheel low-range) but would be a bit apprehensive to use the MO. But I bet it was fun.

-njjoe

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, it was definitly just at the limits of what the Mo could do, as I was getting both traction limited as well as power limited several times. Luckily I had gravity on my side, but even so a couple times we had to use a come-along and the Mo as an anchor to get through a sticky spot.

The fun thing was that all those straps and the come-along and stuff are my 'emergency' gear when I go off-roading, so it was great to get to play with that stuff finally :D .

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
that is the coolest thing i've ever seen, and the property is just gorgeous. wow MIGHTYMO IS ROCKIN!!! you should send that to nissan haha maybe they'll use it in one of there ad campains haha. and it looks like it's tme for new tires.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Kumhos are juuuust almost at the wear bars, so I'm hoping they'll last through the summer and I'll get a new set as the rains come. I just wish the rains would STOP now, it's getting silly here in CA, feels like I should be building an arc :p .

I did actually send some of the more extreme pictures from my trip to Joshua Tree National Park to a Z club guy who works at Nissan, and he (jokingly I'm sure) asked if I could get him a picture jumping it :D

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
haha that's great, will you be looking for another set of kumho's are are you going to be changing it up?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not sure yet...since I do towing, I want a light truck tire with a good load rating, but I also want a quieter tire which the Kumhos were definitly not. I need to look into the load rating on those Michelin Crossterrains...

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
66K miles, and I just had my SECOND driver's side transmission axle seal blow!!! :3:

But that's news for another thread...

·
5,244 Posts
Just spoke with a Michelin guy. We talked about CT. Apparently the only complain they get is they are too soft! And do not last that long! 35 - 40K, It really does sound interesting.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts