Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how you can look up the features of a car if you have the VIN number only. Some dealers are getting in 2004 Murano's but when you go to the web site it only gives you the color and VIN number I would like to know what it comes with and not have to call the dealers.
Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you go to nissanusa.com and build a Murano to your specifications, you then will have the option of searching dealer inventory. The results will show the configuration of each Murano shown for a particular dealer.

Good luck.

·
Registered
719 Posts
VIN #, How to Read it.

1st digit is where vehicle is built,

1,4,5=USA, 2=Canada, 3=Mexico, Puerto Rico or Costa Rico, 6=Australia, 9=Brazil, J=Japan, K=South Korea, L=Tawain, S=United Kingdom, V=France or Yugoslavia, W=Germany, Y=Sweeden, Z=Italy.

2nd and 3rd characters indicate specific manufacturer.

4th through 8th characters are a portrait of the specific vehicle, Brand, Body Style, Engine Size & Type, etc.

9th character is a security code that identifies the VIN as being authorized by the manufacturer. Law enforcement can determine if a VIN is authentic or not from this character on a specific vehicle.

10th character is the model year of the car. 1980=A, H=1987, J=1988, N=1992, P=1993, T=1996, V=1997, through Y=2000. Then 1 = 2001 and so on. There are no I, O, U, or Z years.

11th character is the specific plant which assembled the vehicle. Each manufacturer uses different codes to identify their plants.

12th-17th characters are the serial number of the specific vehicle. Not all companies start at #000001, practices vary among manufacturers.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
The bottom line is the VIN doesn't tell you what options a car has.

Homer

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hey I didn't know France and Yugoslavia (well, that's not really current but anyway) have the same VIN designation. What's up with that?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts