Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for an interior (Vinyl/Leather) - preferable all in one product. Has anyone used either the Einszett Cockpit Premium or the Klasse vinyl/leather protectant? The Einszett claims less dust attraction. If not these than what else? Thanks everyone for all of your help!

RZ

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I've used the Zaino leather cleaner on both for years.
THe first time I tried it, I was not impressed. They all seem the same.
No dust is attracted by any Zaino product, but I don't think any of them attract dust.
Why do I continue to use it?
I like the smell!:cool:

Homer

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Well, you'll either like it or not.
Seems like there is no inbetween.

I like it, but it's not required that you do. After briefly skimming the rule book, I think you can still be a moderator if you don't like it.

Homer

·
Registered
278 Posts
Lexol

Years ago, everyone I knew used Lexol for all leather (coats, motorcycle seats, etc.).

I have some other brand here, and some that is made locally and sold in small lots. It cleaned up the Pathfinder leather and fake leather nicely.

I hope I bookmarked the Zaino-selling site, because I want to try whatever it is they sell that everyone swears by (polish?)... deep shine stuff. The one that seals the finish (once or twice a year).

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
Re: Lexol

rainbowfarm said:
Years ago, everyone I knew used Lexol for all leather (coats, motorcycle seats, etc.).

I have some other brand here, and some that is made locally and sold in small lots. It cleaned up the Pathfinder leather and fake leather nicely.

I hope I bookmarked the Zaino-selling site, because I want to try whatever it is they sell that everyone swears by (polish?)... deep shine stuff. The one that seals the finish (once or twice a year).

i second the LEXOL prouct line.....

every siz months (at least) , re-apply the liquid-like product to the seats.....

between applications, use the LEXOL leather cleaner, in the same fashion (two step)

SMS

·
101 Posts
I've also used Lexol on leather for years...from coats to car seats. Just be careful not to apply it to vinyl or dash/side trim plastic. It leaves an awful film that's a pain to remove.

·
Registered
719 Posts
That site sounds like some pretty good leather care. Some of the project cars have incredible (almost unbeliveable) results.

I'm going to try a bottle of their rejuvenator oil and the pristine clean, just to see if it's really an "order of magnitude" better than lexol.

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
dklanecky1 said:
That site sounds like some pretty good leather care. Some of the project cars have incredible (almost unbeliveable) results.

I'm going to try a bottle of their rejuvenator oil and the pristine clean, just to see if it's really an "order of magnitude" better than lexol.
Please report back with your findings

-S

·
Registered
719 Posts
Here's the follow-up report on the Leatherique.com products.

I ordered via phone (because their web site for ordering is terrible IMO) and found the person who took my order to be friendly and efficent. Matter of fact, I'd say just phone in your order.

I ordered the 32oz size of both the Leather Rejuevanator Oil and the 32oz of Pristine Clean. (I paid $60.95, $50 + shipping.) (There is a $50 special car club price for the 32oz combo pack.)

I decided to use it on the drivers seat of my 2000 Nissan Maxima SE with 136,xxx miles on it. I had normally used Lexol products or Meguiars Gold Class leather conditioner on this vehicle before, usually 2-3 times a year. The drivers seat looked worn beyond where it should be, IMO.

The directions tell you to clean (vaccum) the seat first and then work the oil in by hand. This is a messy project unless your very careful as your literally working (massaging) oil into the leather! Make sure to recline the seat back flat to the floor to keep the oil in the place you put it until your ready to massage it in.

The instructions further tell you to seal up the vehicle and let it sit in the hot sun (creating a sauna environment) for as long as a day. The first time I did the application, the temperature didn't get above 55 degrees so I didn't think the product absorbed as well as I thought it would. It seemed like a lot was still on the surface after about 6 hours in the sun.

What did happen it that at the end of the day, there was a almost sand like coating all over the seat and it was very sticky/tacky feeling to the touch.

The instructions say this is normal and is the dirt/sweat/etc coming out of the leather seat. I used the Pristine Cleaner to remove the "sand" and "tacky feeling" and immediately noticed that the leather was much more supple than before the treatment.

Last Saturday, we were forecast to hit 80 degrees, so I did the exact same procedure again. This time, the oil really absorbed into the seat and I could start to see a difference in the appearance of the seat. I'm guessing the first application removed most of the accumulated dirt which is now allowing the oil to really absorb.

I'm convinced that the stuff is doing what it says it will do, restore old "neglected" leather to much better condition. I kind of take exception to the idea that Lexol/Meguiars 2-3 times a year was "neglecting" but apparently it was based on the results.

I have some pictures, before and after on my imagestation, (they're too large to upload here). Images 11 and 12 are probably the best comparison of before and after. You can notice how much better the color is and the obvious reduction in the visiblility of the wear lines on the drivers seat.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289083297

Bottom line, I like the product(s) and will use them on the Murano as well for "preventative" maintenance. I will also try another coat or two on the Maxima when we get another warm day to see if the wear lines on the driver's door edge of the seat continue to dissapear.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Since I've already had success with Zaino waxes, I just ordered the leather care stuff, and I'll let you all know what it looks like. I'll try to take pictures, but they usually end up being too big to post...

·
V.I.P Member
149 Posts
Lexol should be used by all!!!!!:29:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts