Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is anyone in this forum from around the Boston, MA area?? i was looking around for the viper 791 and found this place called "city auto security" in braintree, ma. i think it was $600 installed at that place...but then i went to circuit city around here and they told me that the system itself would cost $250!! and an additional 120 for installation...that's almost $200 off!!! anywho...was wondering if anyone got their viper's installed at "city auto"...and if so...is it still working well (given the new security features in the murano's and all)...or would i be better purchasing it at circuit city and going to the dealer's to install it (to "protect" my warranty)...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I too am in the Boston area and just started looking into the Remote Starter. Have you checked Tweeter's. There is one in Braintree...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah...i've checked tweeter's and the prices were sorta' outrageous when you compare them to the one's at city auto or circuit city...i think they were about $700 in total for everything (window control, alarm, remote start, and trunk). so...all in all...seeing that city auto IS a DEI certified installer...i guess i'm gonna go with them. also...i found out that circuit city offers the viper 790xv as opposed to the 791xv (don't know the REAL difference other than the remote's color...blue as opposed to grey), but if anyone else on the forum knows the differences...please drop a line and inform.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey bguen...just letting you know on the remote starter in case you were still interested...;) ...got it installed at "city auto security" in quincy right on willard street there and the thing works AWESOME!! they did a great job on it there and would definitely recommend 'em to anyone looking for a remote start...:2:

the only thing that you need to remember when getting it installed is that you gotta tell 'em you want'em to connect everything. they tried to install it a certain way that caused my fans to come on. anywho...just tell 'em you want it connected like mine and it should all work out great.

all in all...just wanted to keep ya posted on the install and let ya know that it works AWSOME if you're still lookin' for a remote start...and if you do decide to go to "city auto"...tell 'em you know me and he should be able to work out the price for ya...(been there a few times now...well...me and my buds that i recommended him to)...anywho...let a guy named "charlie" know that i sent ya and ya should be good as gold!! ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ookides,

What did you end up getting? Other than the Remote Starter, What else did you get with the Viper? Also If you don't mind, what was the final tally?

Thanks...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ended up gettin' the viper 591xv remote start with the following options...1. factory alarm interface...2. window up/down control from remote...3. door lock/unlock interface...and ummm...i think that was it...all for the whopping grand total of $550... :cool:

but all in all...i think it's probably the best complement for the MO... :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah...that's also an option that the MO don't need...it's for more like the car type vehicles where the trunk can pop open with the press of a button...so that option was undoubtedly not needed...:rolleyes:

anywho...in the first post...i was thinking of gettin' the 791XV as opposed to the 591XV...791 is alarm and remote starter in one kit...whereas the 591 is the remote starter with a factory alarm interface...so i opted for the 591 seein' as that the MO came with the factory horn...:D

but sorry for the confusion...opted for the cheaper Viper when the time came to get it...:jump3:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts