Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, let me start off by saying hello to all the fellow Murano owners. I'm glad im not the only person that thought the Murano was an awsome vehicle but with some disapointments. Tomorrow 12-12-2003, im going to good ole NJ difeo nissan (sucks , trust me) to have them take a look at my alignment for the 3rd time. I really thought i was crazy but i really dont feel right driving it. If you hold the steering straight it goes to the right slightly. Well in any case, to make a long story short, I need some advice. What should I tell these people to convince them that its not me? They are telling me its the road. They really think that im that stupid. What should i say? How should i threaten them? They are going to make some one drive with me to show them what the problem is. Anyone else had alignment problems?

Thanks in advance for your advice and help.

D

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Ah yes, posted on this before, try a search on "alignment". It's also in the knowledge base on the knowledge base page.

You must account for road crown. If the car pulls one way accounting for road crown, then your alignment is off. If the steering wheel is off center then that can be road crown, alignment or steering rack bolts that need to be tightened. Later is usually accompanied with a clunk when truning and there is a TSB for it.

·
Registered
487 Posts
You might want to try another dealership, or even a local tire place if you're really desperate. The dealership should be able to fix this for you, but that's a big 'should'...

Sorry to hear about the problems :/

A slight pull to one side or the other isn't a HUGE problem. A lot of people drive cars of various age and condition with a slight pull one way or the other. Still, this should be corrected.

·
4,664 Posts
I have a dealership close to me, that I think, sucks...

There's another, just a little further away, that's absolutely fabulous. Nissan in North America, might get their act together well enough one day to then be able to measure their dealers performance better and improve the overall quality. In the meantime, you'll just have to find the good ones.

(I am so happy that NNA doesn't build them... Especially the Accessory people, as we'd still be waiting for the rest of the parts!)

·
Registered
487 Posts
Sounds like Difeo is more like Muy feo.

That would be "very ugly" in Spanish! :p

·
Registered
26 Posts
Difeo NJ

Cool, another person who purchased their MO from DiFeo - I got mine from them end of August - just brought it back this past Thursday for 1) Alignment problem due to Nissan TSB (rack bolts not torqued to spec so if I rotated steering wheel all the way to the left, it would make a "pop" sound and pull to the left - opposite if I went to the right and 2) Complimentary oil change @ 2700 miles.

Service guy didn't care to see the TSB that I printed out - he said guys in back know everything. Yeah right...1 hr later, he says alignment was off due to me most likely hitting something - I wanted to choke the guy - I went to the back to speak to the mechanic - he confirmed # 1 above and I had him show me the bolts while the car was on the lift. I also looked at the placement of the oil filter. Customer svc individual said it was the first time he heard of this (he also told me that Nissan puts out a TSB if 1 - 3 people complain about something). He was pretty much a "tool."

They did say they redid alignment - I have no way of knowing vs. them turning the wheel all the way to the right but either way, its perfectly aligned now and doesn't pull anymore.

I was not too impressed with the service area - these guys survive on massive amounts of volume and giving away free oil changes in return for the customer surveys......Guys could have at least washed my car (guess you get spoiled with BMW service but then again you pay for it)!

Sorry, but I don't have an alternative - have not yet visited another dealership. May want to check into Bergen County dealerships depending on where you live. I live on the waterfront in JC so its the most convenient for me...Good luck.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Check out other dealers.

I went in just this past week to get my car serviced and was pretty impressed.

Whenever I took my mustang to the ford dealerships I would wait because they have a tendency to test drive the cars they like :3: When I was there they always treated my like a spoiled 21 year old brat. Nevermind the fact that I just put down $27,000 on a car. I always felt insignificant and mistreated.

When I took the MO to West Hills Nissan in Cranberry, PA they made me fairly comfortable.

Here is what they did at 4,000 Miles (first time to any dealer other than Ford):
I had a voucher to get a paint chip fixed that supposedly 'expired' after 30 days. I asked my salesman and he ran around with me and asked everyone all the way up until the general manager to see if I could still use it (now 90 days later). I explained that my schedule does not work with a paint guy who is there maybe once a week and that I would like to finally get this fixed. He then called the paint guy and made an appointment with him to meet me at my house 45 minutes away.

They gave my car the 1st oil change ($10.00)

They performed the Steering "POP" TSB (fixed)

They performed the Window "Tick" TSB (works off and on?!?!)

Then they took my car down to the inhouse car wash and cleaned the inside and outside.

When they brought my car up I asked the service manager who i should refer to for service in the future (@ Ford they had team leaders that you had to go to). He said to call him, gave me his business card and put cell phone number on the back. He said that I was very patient and a pleasure to deal with.

I have never been treated this well before. Even though there is a Nissan dealership 15 minutes from my house I will gladly drive the 45 minutes to receive the same level of service that I received. For $10.00 I can't beat this!

Also, being that it is winter they cant sell my mustang so I find myself staring at it while my MO is there. I'm also tempted to take that 'spare key' that i have and borrow it ;)

edit: best part about this is that I got almost as much as they are selling it for on the trade in! :2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts