Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife wanted a Volvo Cross Country. Too expensive for us. Got a Murano SE AWD Premium/Touring/Leather/sunroof, chrome five spokes, Pewter/Charcoal Leather for waaaay less than the Volvo.

Love the Murano but curious about the volvo and never see them compared even though they are both basically station-wagons. I feel the Murano looks sportier, has more power and may handle better but have no experience with the Volvo at all, other than the sticker shock.

Anyone compared these two? Thoughts?

George

·
4,664 Posts
Well it's not analytical, but I was behind a Volvo and thought it was hideous... That's enough of a reason for me!:p

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
I used to really like the look of the Volvo but...

Well who am I kidding. Look at your MO. No questions!

·
Registered
180 Posts
A friend of mine bought one a couple of years ago. Though I thought it was alright, it didn't "wow" me, at least not to the extent that the MO did. Also, given Ford's recent history (Crown Vic's catching fire, about 300 billion recalls on the Focus, etc etc) and their involvement with Volvo, I wouldn't touch a Volvo now.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I can only refer to my dad's 2000 S80 and this thing is terrible. Something is always breaking or falling off. Maybe he just got a lemon but personally I would never get a newer Volvo. Before Ford got into the picture I would not have had any doubts but since they did, no way.

·
4,664 Posts
Drove a rental S70 in CO and actually liked it, but it was gutless at 10,000 ft. Could've used the CVT there! But it was showing signs of stupid engineering. The little flap on the trunk lock snapped off way too easy...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Back in September I almost bought '03 Murano SL, but went with '04 Volvo XC70. To me the advantages were a much crisper handling of a true european car, much better fit and finish on the inside and outside, lower center of gravity on XC70, better AWD system - Haldex, better warranty (4yr/50k), included scheduled maintenence (first 36K), loaner cars when the car is in the shop, lighter car, better gas milege, higher ground clearance (8.25in vs 7in), better safety record.
Volvo dealership also gave me $3K more for my trade-in than what any Nissan dealer was willing to offer, so with the price difference of $5.5K minus the trade-in difference, I decided to go with the 2004 model year XC70.
After driving XC70 for 4 months/5k there were no problems, rattles, etc, and so far I am happy with my choice. I know that japanese carmakers have better reliability track record than europeans, but I also know a few people who drove their Volvos over 300k. XC70s are still assembled in Sweden and they don't share any parts with the Ford platforms (unlike some other Volvo models)

·
Registered
834 Posts
We traded in our Volvo XC for a Murano. Had many problems with the Volvo and being tall, it was a tight fit for us.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts