Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a 2004 Murano SL with Premium package + floor mats.

Dealer invoice $27947
VPP discount $ 802 (2.87%)

Cash price $27145 + tax and license

Are people finding that VPP pricing is the lowest they can get or are people doing better negotiating on their own? I'm in Phoenix, AZ and the dealer I'm talking with has about 80 Muranos on the lot.

The other alternative is to wait for the 2005 models.

Thanks for any input.
Mark

·
Registered
116 Posts
MarkY, I contacted the internet sales dept. of the dealrship I bought from and had a VPP claim number when I purchased my 04 MO at the end of February. The salesman said the VPP price would have been $134 more than the internet price I paid. My MO priced out at $37,730 MSRP plus $43 for wheel locks and I paid 34,056. I'm in Maryland, in the DC area and the dealer didn't have exactly what I wanted so he did a trade with a Philadelphia area dealer for the exact one I wanted, no extra charge.

Another employee of my company just got a MO from the same dealer a couple of weeks ago and paid about the same price I did, but he didn't get NAV, I did. He didn't go through the internet sales dept. Not sure if he used VPP or not.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Mark I bought the same vehicle. I got it for $27,600. Just by dealing with the Sales Mgr only.
I had spoken to a Salesman from the same dealership a few weeks prior and his price was $900 more, fro the same car?????
They even gave me the rear cargo floor protector.

The best way to go is sales Mgr only. None of this " well,I will run it past my boss" crap...

Jim

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm in Phoenix too! Which dealership are you working with? I got mine at Peoria Nissan for a SCREAMING deal... I went through internet sales which led me to fleet.

I can refer you to my salesman if you are interested in seeing if he can get you a better deal. Just let me know!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AZMuranoChick said:
I'm in Phoenix too! Which dealership are you working with? I got mine at Peoria Nissan for a SCREAMING deal... I went through internet sales which led me to fleet.

I can refer you to my salesman if you are interested in seeing if he can get you a better deal. Just let me know!
I was going to work with Pinnacle Nissan in Scottsdale. I don't really care which dealer I work with, I'd just like the best deal.

Please send me your Peoria Nissan contact. You can PM me.

Thanks

·
Registered
564 Posts
VPP can be beat, but it depends on the circumstances and the VPP level we're talking about. For the supplier VPP of 2.87% below invoice (with add-ons on top), it can be beat at this time of year and if there's a vehicle available. Use "internet" pricing and other options and you'll do fine. The reason it will likely work now is that we're at the end of the 2004 model year. Dealers have got to move out their stock or risk being stuck with excess inventory. In addition, the vehicles on their lots are costing them in insurance and storage costs.

In my case, I wanted a special order vehicle with specific features and options that was not on the lot during the early middle part of the model year. Best I could do was VPP since there was no vehicle on the lot that fit what I wanted. I'm sure if I would have accepted a lot vehicle, I would have likely done better. Still, I ended up paying invoice for mine. Better than Edmunds TMV and a helluva lot better than MSRP!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts