Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if and when the Murano will be available to Nissan employees through the VPP program? Same for friends and business associates?

·
Registered
12 Posts
cavaken said:
Does anyone know if and when the Murano will be available to Nissan employees through the VPP program? Same for friends and business associates?
I just checked the VPP webiste and it says:
Nissan 350Z and Murano are not eligible for VPP Purchase until further notice.

This seems normal for a newly released (and in the case of the 350Z, popular) vehicle. If I were to hazard a guess, I would say VPP eligibility would be early 2003.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone remember how long it took for the 2002 Altima or the new G35 to become eligible for VPP purchase after their initial launch? I would say Murano is not 350Z, not even G35 in terms of demand. Its supply and demand will probably end up similar to Altima.

·
Registered
12 Posts
zmw98 said:
Does anyone remember how long it took for the 2002 Altima or the new G35 to become eligible for VPP purchase after their initial launch? I would say Murano is not 350Z, not even G35 in terms of demand. Its supply and demand will probably end up similar to Altima.
The G35 Sedan was immediately available for VPP Purchase. I remember this because I was about to get one. I think Infiniti did this to encourage G35 sales and have them on the streets as the ultimate BMW 3-series fighter. The trick was finding a dealer that would honor the purchase because like Ford's X-Plan, dealer participation is voluntary.

I can't say for certain about the Altima. But I agree that Murano demand might be similar to the Altima. My advice is to be patient. Let the initial stigma of the Murano subside. Good things come to those who wait :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Talked to Nissan rep today and the Murano is available to be purchased through VPP Friends and Business Associates. Buy away!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
After seeing your message, I called VPP (800-299-4753) to obtain a claim number. I was told it is not eligible (along with 350Z and G35 coupe). Did you get your info from a sales rep at a Nissan dealer?

cavaken wrote:
Talked to Nissan rep today and the Murano is available to be purchased through VPP Friends and Business Associates. Buy away!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As of yesterday, December 4th, I was told that 'Friends and Extended Family' can purchase through VPP. I even got a printout of the 'Friends' pricing for what I want.

I didn't ask about 'Business Associates' however. But, I assumed that they would be included if 'Friends and Extended Family' were.

·
Registered
12 Posts
cavaken said:
As of yesterday, December 4th, I was told that 'Friends and Extended Family' can purchase through VPP. I even got a printout of the 'Friends' pricing for what I want.

I didn't ask about 'Business Associates' however. But, I assumed that they would be included if 'Friends and Extended Family' were.
I just checked the VPP site today and the Murano is not available on VPP yet. This is for Business Associates, not Friends and Extended Family.

cavaken, would you be able to share with everyone else the VPP prices that you have? Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will get you the individual prices (I don't have them in front of me), but it worked out to about $3000 less than MSRP.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Anyone check if Murano is VPP now?

Has anyone else checked yet to see if the Murano is VPP to business affiliates now that its Jan 2003? It was my understanding that this could change every month?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Re: Anyone check if Murano is VPP now?

davmp said:
Has anyone else checked yet to see if the Murano is VPP to business affiliates now that its Jan 2003? It was my understanding that this could change every month?
The current incentive sheet for VPP still shows December 2002 since it covers up until January 6, 2003. It may be updated sometime next week.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Re: Anyone check if Murano is VPP now?

crikey said:
davmp said:
The current incentive sheet for VPP still shows December 2002 since it covers up until January 6, 2003. It may be updated sometime next week.
The Murano is still not available via VPP for this month. This is quite strange since the Infiniti FX45/FX35 will be available via VPP at launch on 1/20/2003. I'm not sure what the reason behind Murano ineligibility is. If you can afford to, just get the FX35, which to me, is a better CUV anyway :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Anyone checked for business associates VPP recently?

Anyone checked for eligibility of the Murano in the business associates VPP program recently?

·
Registered
13 Posts
nope, still not available.

You can call the Nissan vpp number and the recording says so, as will any dealer that checks.

Interesting - the Murano, 350Z, and Infiniti G35C are the only cars excluded from vpp at present.

·
Registered
12 Posts
How does Nissan determine VPP eligibility?

I wonder how Nissan determines VPP eligibility since the FX has been available via VPP since 1/20/2003 release while the Murano isn't available yet. Does Nissan think that the Murano will be more popular than the FX? Or is Murano production not as fast as FX production? I understand about the 350Z and G35 Coupe, but the Murano? I guess I don't get it. :?

BTW, I priced out an FX35 AWD with Sport Package/Roof Rails/Crossbars via VPP purchase and it's around $36,546.00 + TTL. MSRP is around $40,665.00.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My calculation on 2003 Murano SE on VPP

Vehicle Description Invoice Price
2003 Nissan Murano AWD SE 28,171.00
Options
Popular Package 3,035.00
Dynamic Control Package 650.00
Cross Bars 131.00

Total of Options 3,816.00
Total of Base Vehicle and Options 31,987.00

Total of Base Vehicle and Options 31,987.00
Nissan Vehicle Purchase Plan Discount (4.3%) (1,375.44)
Subtotal (Dealer Net Price) 30,611.56
Dealer Delivery Fee (2.5%) 765.29
Selling Price after NVPP 31,376.85
Destination Charge 540.00
Advertising/Marketing Assessment -
Other Incentives -
-
Final Cost to Customer 31,916.85 + TTL

·
Registered
6 Posts
How to get list of VPP companies

I'd like to see a list of companies that participate in the VPP program. Maybe I will have a friend/family member somewhere that I can "use" to take advantage of the discount.

Does anyone know how to see a list?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nissan Murano is NOW AVAILABLE for VPP Purchase

As of 3/1/2003, per VPP website. Please remember that dealer participation is voluntary it would be prudent to contact the dealership of choice first and find out if they will sell the Murano via VPP. Good Luck. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went into the Nissan dealer on 3/27 and was told that the Murano was included in the Business Associate program ('A-Plan') that week! Getting mine for 2.5% under dealer invoice... Sweet!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts