Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
hail 2 the snail
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
welp, im done with the unofficial stage three of my VQ build....

keeping in mind, i am using all stock internals on the motor, for now, as i am only running approx 9lbs of boost (have potential plans to build the block, and rods, but nowhere/time soon)

i have the crawford plenum, hi-flow ctas, fujitsubo Y pipe and exhaust. For added safety, i changed out the thermo to the nsimo L/T version, and upgraded the hoses to the Samco sport edition....

to help get the power a-flowin, i chose the non-tuner edition of the intercooled vortech supercharger, and have since upgraded the boost pulley to get the 9lb output.....

on order in the JWT lightweight flywheel and clutchpack, to help get a quicker boost spool-up (and help dimish driveline loss). the flywheel weighs only 14 lbs, versus the oem 30+lb unit...

heres the latest re-tune i had done, keeping the a/f in the 11.25:1 range (oversafe, but a neccesity in FL heat and humidity)

wanted to share what the MO motor possibility is, although the tranny would need considerations as well im afraid...

these numbers are dynojet values, SAE corrected, and performed in 98°F temp and 52% relative humidity.....as measured at the rear wheels (add 17% back ontop of them for true crank output values)

enjoy! (i know i sure am)!!!

-eS

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
:18: all i can say is wow... nice work on the G35.. that must be nice to have 400 rwhp.. any soundclips? i would love to hear what that bad boy sounds.. great job..

·
Registered
781 Posts
Those are some impressive numbers.

what are you doing for the ECM? Did you go stand alone or is there an aftermarket plug 'n play type of deal?

·
Registered
763 Posts
es - that is too cool! :cool: :cool: :cool:

What is the G35 base line numbers on HP & Ft Lbs?

About how many C-notes did that set you back?

·
hail 2 the snail
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GMTURBO43 said:
Those are some impressive numbers.

what are you doing for the ECM? Did you go stand alone or is there an aftermarket plug 'n play type of deal?
i have the splitsecond ecu piggy back unit (has fuel and ignition tables) to help add/subtract timing and keep the fueling appropriate....

it works very well in conjunction with the aux. fuelpump (to add fuel in the amount of 100psi at max boost)

-eS

the 3.5 l puts down about 235rwhp stock, with driveline losses....

·
hail 2 the snail
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the g35 coupe is rated (crank) at 280HP and 270 lb-ft TQ per infiniti's claims....

we've backed this up on the dynos, with oem cars netting exactly 234± rwhp (confirming the near 17% driveline loss, even with the oem Carbon Fiber re-inforced driveshaft!)

as far as pricing, well, it hasnt been cheap (nor will i be in the future, but im sure anyone who knows the bus. understands that....the blower kit alone lists for 5999)

i had ALL the non-tuning work done at my dealership, as they now offer performance upgrades and are very mod-friendly....

the watrranty is still intact, with a few stipulations of course

i sure wish the cvt would take the upgrqades..... imagine even having 300rwhp in the sleek looking MO...... (making a good thing even better, IMO)

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'm getting ready to FI my 2002 Lancer. All said and done, I should be pushing about 250whp w/stock internals. After I get bored with this set-up, I'm sure I will be changing out the connecting rods and piston heads, in which I will try to run 18 psi of boost with a thicker headgasket and of course stronger head bolts.

Good job with your car. I would get one but the Lancer is paid off and is my toy to tinker with. If I blow the motor up, it wouldn't be no big deal because I will just build it to suit high boost.

Did you install the kit yourself? How much is everything costing?

·
5,244 Posts
esemes,

impresive indeed. Now I know why you got rid of the MO.......but why not FX?.

Now, if only CVT could take the additional HP's........

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
now what we need is someone who are 'brave' enough...

I have my 2 processors xeon workstation in the office to work with heavy duty modelings and analysis. This laptop is just purely for things i mentioned above and not going to be my only pc.
Now what we need is someone in this forum who are 'brave' enough to do a swap on the factory cvt to conventional automatic. I know by switching to automatic will more like a a 'downgrade' for most of use. But if you want Esemes has in his G35, some sacrifice need to be made :p

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
If I haven't traded my Murano by the time it's paid off, I'll probably switch to an Auto. I can't stand to leave things alone, and I always want more power. Eventually I'd probably swap to Auto and go with a custom turbo setup. Do the Auto Muranos come with a 4 speed or 5 speed?

·
4,601 Posts
The Murano's computer limits acceleration off the line, and once you're moving, I have no doubts that the CVT can handle the HP. So if you can afford to drop the cash for the engine power upgrades, then buying a new CVT every year or so, shouldn't be a big deal.

Just do it! The Murano would kick on the highway...

·
hail 2 the snail
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
jaak said:
The Murano's computer limits acceleration off the line, and once you're moving, I have no doubts that the CVT can handle the HP. So if you can afford to drop the cash for the engine power upgrades, then buying a new CVT every year or so, shouldn't be a big deal.

i wonder if you could fool the ecu then, or have the limiter raised (reflashed) to allow more oooomph......... is it a speed sensor?? ifso, that'd prolly be easy.....(well, not for me that is)

·
5,244 Posts
Tyler_Canada said:
If I haven't traded my Murano by the time it's paid off, I'll probably switch to an Auto. I can't stand to leave things alone, and I always want more power. Eventually I'd probably swap to Auto and go with a custom turbo setup. Do the Auto Muranos come with a 4 speed or 5 speed?
The one I've seen in South America were 4 speed auto

·
hail 2 the snail
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Halo said:
esemes, you're running 9lb of boost with the stock injectors?
approx 9lbs at revv limiter.... the injectors havent reached 100% duty either (additional fuel pump is good for even more , if wanted)....

i have a little more improvemnt in mind, and the walbro 190lph main pump, with 1 step larger injectors is in the works.... (looking for about 20-35 more rwhp)

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
jaak said:

Where did you read that the CVT can handle more power? I have read that the CVT in the Murano has been tuned to deliver a certain lifespan on its metal belt (the less stress, the longer the belt will last) - thus it appears the beltstrength is the limiting factor in CVT durability. So, lets say with the stock power, it is rated to go 150,000-200,000 miles, a reasonable life of a vehicle. Increasing engine power via forced induction will most likely significantly shorten belt life.

I for one do not believe it is worth modding the Murano's engine for more power until a solution for the CVT exists, and handling mods are available on the aftermarket. As is, I think the handling with the SE suspension is adequate for the power the engine makes.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts