Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the Waag bumper guards on their 2005 MO? I just got both the FrontRunner and the Rear Bumper Guards but there seems to be a problem...

I only tried the rear (because it's too cold outside!) and the holes don't seem to line up on the passenger's side. I'm totally pissed because I emailed Waag before purchasing and they said it would fit without modification.

Anyone else have experience with this?

thanks
Charles

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
hmmm sorry I guess not. If you do get it installed I would love to see some pictures.

Good luck.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will try...

Anyway I called Waag today and their tech said no issues have been reported but I swear the holes don't line up. I have to take pictures today when I get home. Oh well!

thanks
Charles

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Sid,

It may help if you do this:

1- Find the two bolt holes that are farthest from each other.
2- Hang one side from that hole with one bolt only a few threads in, just enough to make sure it will not cross thread when you tighten it more.
3- Then try the other side, again hanging only with a few threads in. 4- Then put in the rest of the bolts, again only a few threads in.
5- Once you have all the bolts in, then use a rotating action (side to side and accross) to tighten each bolt a few threads at a time until they are all completely seated.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK I figured out what the problem was with the Rear Bumper Guard. After some discussion with Waag, they decided to try installing on a test vehicle. Their tech told me that on their test install they found that the brackets were mismarked! In addition, the included instructions showed the brackets in the wrong orientation.

So I already had 2 strikes against me, and the 3rd was that there was plenty of clearance on the driver side and the bracket would probably fit any which way.... so just holding it up there to test for fit it looked fine.

I'll try to post some pictures when I have time.

Next we'll have to see how well the FrontRunner goes on (from what I've read here, it's a ***** eh?). Hopefully I will have time for it soon.

thanks
Charles

·
Registered
3 Posts
sid6581 said:
OK I figured out what the problem was with the Rear Bumper Guard. After some discussion with Waag, they decided to try installing on a test vehicle. Their tech told me that on their test install they found that the brackets were mismarked! In addition, the included instructions showed the brackets in the wrong orientation.

So I already had 2 strikes against me, and the 3rd was that there was plenty of clearance on the driver side and the bracket would probably fit any which way.... so just holding it up there to test for fit it looked fine.

I'll try to post some pictures when I have time.

Next we'll have to see how well the FrontRunner goes on (from what I've read here, it's a ***** eh?). Hopefully I will have time for it soon.

thanks
Charles
Charles,
Did you install these yet? And if you did, do you have pics? I'm looking to get the WAAG bumper guards because they look beefier, but I need to see pics of them first. Thanks!

Andy

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep got them on a few weeks ago. MO looks like a tough guy now :)

I've seen them on other MOs and didn't like, but I think for me it depends on the color. I really hate them on a white MO (yuck) though they make any of the darker colors look more rugged and enhance the overall look.

The rear is a piece of cake to install as long as you have the parts labeled correctly! (took about 45 mins for me because the holes weren't lining up well on one side) You don't have to take anything apart.

The front requires removal of the front mud guard and then partial removal of the inner wheel well mud guards. Not so bad, but it sure took me a while to figure out where the bolt holes were located based solely on the instructions. You also need to cut away some of the plastic bumper underneath so that the brackets can clear it. That can be time consuming to get right, after all you don't want to hack up your nice new MO! You definitely have to get this right otherwise the mud guard holes won't line up when you try to put it back on. Overall it took me about 3-4 hours to complete.

Here are some pics of my 2005 Platinum SL with WAAG front and rear bumper guards.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Nice, I've wanted these. Is the price for the front still $399? What I've been concerned about is if the back would still fit when I have the rear hitch.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by simplesb
Nice, I've wanted these. Is the price for the front still $399? What I've been concerned about is if the back would still fit when I have the rear hitch.

I doubt it. From what I can tell, it uses the same holes as the factory hitch. Call WAAG and ask. They are very helpful.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
andrew said:
NICE PICS!!!!

Thats exactly what I'm looking for. Where did you get them? I'm in brooklyn also. Thanks!

Andy
I ordered from autoanything.com

When I emailed WAAG they told me that latruck.com has them too and apparently they might have a distributor here in Brooklyn.

Nevertheless, it cost me about $575 for both shipped to my door. I thought that was reasonable. Good luck!

Charles

·
Registered
3 Posts
sid6581 said:

I ordered from autoanything.com

When I emailed WAAG they told me that latruck.com has them too and apparently they might have a distributor here in Brooklyn.

Nevertheless, it cost me about $575 for both shipped to my door. I thought that was reasonable. Good luck!

Charles
woohoo! Ordered the front and rear for $560 shipped! Hopefully the installation will be easy as the order. heheh

I'll post pics when its done.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts