Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully by Saturday, I will pick up my new Murano. I have an ambivalent feeling already seeing the problems among the forums. :( :) The only missing option which I decided not to have is the sunroof. I had an Explorer with the sunroof and I rarely used it. The color I decided to have is the "Deep Bordeaux" which I thought was a rare color but then I saw one already this morning on the way to work :lol: and my excitement went up :shock:.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Congrats on your future purchase. I've had mine since November and have 4500 miles on it. I wouldn't worry about what you see on the forums. I don't have any complaints regarding my experience.

·
4,664 Posts
Problems? What problems? I haven't seen anything that's been a real issue. The odd vehicle has had an issue, but that's normal with any of them. Just one of the joys of mass production.

Mine's been fine too.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Loren, the worst thing you can do to yourself is undermine the excitement of owning this awesome vehicle by worrying about potential problems. You are going to love it. I have only had mine for 3 weeks, and have put almost 3000 miles on it. Despite the little issues I have had with the dealer, I love it more and more every day!! Congratulations, you will love yours too. I haven't seen one in Deep Bordeaux yet at all. Cool color :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm not a fan of sunroofs, either, but Momma Nissan made me get one before I could order anything I wanted.

On the postive side, by switching my color choice from pewter to silver, I got a free 'cold package'.

As jaak indicated, the M-O problems seem to be pretty isolated. I think it's human nature that, when 95% of comments are positive, we pay more attention to the 5% negative. Go figure! :?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Absolutely. Many cars have little issues, especially their first year out. One thing to remember is that most of the technology in this car has been in use successfully for years (ie: Maxima V6, etc). If you go to places like edmunds.com and read the reviews, 95% are positive, then you read those couple of bad reviews by people who for some reason or another don't like it and you start second guessing. The beauty of a forum like this is that people can talk about their experiences and find out if others have the same issues and find resolve. Unfortunately, sometimes it makes the cars sound bad. I do think most people here will agree that this is a fabulous car regardless. I mean look at the other "me-too" options out there in this class, need I say more... :D :D :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:p Thanks everybody. I got a call from the car salesman and they can't find the one I requested, the one without the sunroof. The good thing is that they are willing to throw in the sunroof without any additional charge. :p :lol: :p :lol: :p :lol: :p :lol: :p and I can pick it up on wednesday next week. I wished the sooner but that's the only day available for me. Thanks again. I saw one again at the highway driving home and my excitement is killing me. :?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Should I Buy?

I've been reading as much as I can about this vehicle and am somewhat concerned about some of the little problems mentioned on this site. I'd really like to make the purchase but want something reliable. Are you folks at all worried about future reliability?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Re: Should I Buy?

Doucer,I have owned three prior Nissan trucks. All were of high quality. My '98 Pathfinder SE has over 125K miles with only one real repair. My Acuras aren't this good! I, for one, trust Nissan to build a better than average vehicle.

doucer said:
I've been reading as much as I can about this vehicle and am somewhat concerned about some of the little problems mentioned on this site. I'd really like to make the purchase but want something reliable. Are you folks at all worried about future reliability?

·
Registered
10 Posts
doucer

I have owned Datsun/Nissan cars (240Z, 260Z, 280ZX turbo, Anny turbo, 90 300ZX), for nearly thirty years. The worst, the 90 dropped a trans, Nissan fixed with loaner car in 3 days.
Its a shame the phrase "Awesome" was already used, because it truly fits the Murano.
Enjoy
Roll on!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Not worried either. I have owned only Nissans for the last few years and have never had any problems. I drive a lot of miles and all the way through 100K miles all my Nissans have driven like new with no major problems. Take a look at Consumer Reports (if you haven't already), all Nissans have at least "average" reliability, most have above average or excellent. That can not be said for many others (except two and you know who they are). If you are shopping with reliability as a major focus (as I was), you really only have three options; Honda, Toyota, or Nissan (maybe Mazda). With some other brands out there you are taking a gamble with reliability, I don't think that is the case with any Nissan. Good luck!! :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks everyone. Could not get myself logged in again so had to re-register. Just picked up the latest Car and Driver which has a test of 5 sport-utes (they call them Neither-Nors). The test pits the Murano SE against the Buick Rendezvous, Mitsubishi Endeavour, Toyota Highlander, and Honda Pilot. The Murano came a close second to the Pilot which finished first overall. The only reason it didn't finish in first was because of the stiff ride and interior fit and finish. But they say if you looking for fun and eye catching style in an SUV, the Murano is your choice. Looks like I'll go with the Murano. Now just need to find the best price. Seems like discounts off the MSRP are rare. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Awesome Ride

8) Purchased the Midnight Blue SE AWD with everything--kitchen sink was not available. Got 3% over invoice with a near 5% 60 month from Nissan. Traded my Solara for 12K (4 year old 30K miles). I test drove the SL but the ride wasn't as firm as I was used to in my Solara. This ride is a Solara on steroids. The CVT is an incredible feel--takes a little while to get used to not feeling gears change. The acceleration is amazing for such a big SUV. The Toyota Highlander I drove was just too confining albeit Toyota put alot of elegance into their Limited editions. I ended up getting more car for about the same price.

I have to purchase the wind shield plus other goodies in the next few months. The NAV system is pretty incredible. I live in Friendswood, TX and it took me on a wild ride (shortest distance) from the dealer Baker-Jackson to home. The interior is not as elegant as the Solara but its functional and modern looking--sort of like a cockpit. The NAV system isn't too hard to learn but as an engineer, its an incredible piece of electronics. This dealer is one of the best I've ever worked with--friendly and not pushy. It was fun trading in my car and walking out with a new car without having to write a check--well at least for a month ;-).

I'm interested in door guard protection and other amenities to protect my investment. I'll look on other forums in this sight and see what I can find.

Your site helped me make the decision!

Thanks,

Tom--new Murano Owner ; :p

·
Registered
50 Posts
Congratulations Tom!!! You're gonna love it! I too am in love with the Nav. I travel for work and used to have 6 different map books flung about my car, and was still always lost. This thing gets me there everytime and I don't even have to think!! (I'm not sure if that is such a good thing, but anyway...) Not to mention the lack of clutter. If you find any good sites with parts for less or anything else, please let us know. I need to get the cross-bars and sunroof wind deflector but didn't want to pay dealer premium for them. I am sure there will be increasing availability as time goes on. Anyway, have fun! :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
doucer1, I'll tell you what I did and I think I got a pretty good price. I got as many prices as I could online. I utilized carsdirect.com, and also sent requests for quotes to other area Nissan dealerships. I had negotiated the price I wanted with one of the dealers (almost 2 hours from my house) then I happened across a dealership near my house, when the salesman gave me his pitch I told him I had a quote from another dealer and just wanted to see what he had on the lot. Well, to make a long story short I ended up getting him to sell me the car at invoice. 8) I think it also helped that I was shopping at the end of the month, they were really trying to move some cars. I'm sure that depending on your location the ability to negotiate may be easier or more difficult. I am in CT and Muranos don't seem to be moving that quickly, most Nissan lots are full of them... As soon as the dealer senses that you have done your homework they are usually more willing to negotiate. The one thing I had to remember was that there are a lot of dealerships out there, I don't have to take the first offer. Anyway, good luck! :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
I am in CT too, what dealers did you use?

hey i am in CT as well, and am shopping for a murano as well.
just wanted to know if you had a dealer you would recommend.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey, Cool!! I bought it at Lia Nissan Pontiac in Enfield. Overall, it was the best sales experience I've had. I'll have to get back to you on whether I would recommend them, though. My car had a few issues when I picked it up (alignment, balance, faulty sunroof motor) and now a month later I am still trying to get the issues resolved. (They seem to think that the pull to the left is in my imagination) :x Like I said, the sales people were very friendly and professional, I am just not sure how happy I am. I didn't like Harte in Hartford (we bought an Altima last year and they like to play games). I also was dealing with Miller Nissan in Fairfield (recommended by CarsDirect.com)but they dropped the ball big time (long story, just really bad sales service) I get my cars serviced at DeCormier in Manchester, I like them, I maybe should have bought my Murano there. I'm not sure what part of CT you're in, but you may try DeCormier, or you may have a better experience with Lia than I am having. I can at least tell you they (Lia) were willing to work with me, didn't play any of the usual games, were able to get me the exact car I wanted, at the price I wanted, and I was able to pick it up the day after I walked into the dealership. I got prices from some of the other ones in the area, but they weren't as willing to deal. I'll tell you, though, I have dealt with quite a few Nissan dealerships here and some in Rhode Island, and Nissan really needs to work on their overall service. I think it speaks volumes when I can say I have never returned to the same dealership twice :| (except DeCormier for service) Maybe I expect too much??? Good luck, let me know how it goes... :)

disclaimer: None of my above ranting and complaining changes the fact that I love my Murano. It is an awsome car, I wouldn't change a thing!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts