Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, add me to the list of people that want another Mo. My silver '03 SL AWD is going to my brother and I'm waiting for a platinum '05 to show up. My '03 only has 31,000 k's on it and has been problem free except for the seat track needing replacement. I've had it for just a year and a half but I always wanted a Platinum one (was called pewter in '03). I hope the new one is as trouble free and I need to break it in quickly for when we go on a trip this summer down to New Orleans.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Pewter is NOT the same color as Platinum. Pewter was available in the 2003 and 2004 models and was replaced by Platinum in the 2005's. Pewter was more of a metallic beige while Platinum is a metallic dark silver-gray. Both colors are very nice.

·
Registered
982 Posts
"Pewter is NOT the same color as Platinum."

Yea, what he said !! Plat is great... when it is clean, in different lights it has a different color look to it also. When the sun is setting it has a greenish tint to it. It doesn't ever look dirty to 'other people,' and hopefully doesn't stand out in the parking lot yelling, steal me. It blends in a little more. Those are just a few little reasons I love the color.

Attachments

·
Registered
763 Posts
TheGymKid - I don't think you give your MO enough credit, if I was in your parking lot & stealling a car, it would be my 1st choice. :4:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He heh, Thanks for the clarification. I figured it might be a little darker but I'm glad people are liking it better than pewter. I like the dark colours and I think the mo looks good in all the available shades but I think this is as dark as I would want to go since the silver always looked so clean.
They had one in cabernet (I think that's the name) in the showroom and it looked nice but I've had too many cars that colour so this will be great. Black would have been awesome but I have had a few black cars and I remember how perma-dirty they looked.
At least the interior will be the same. I really love the interior. Mine still has a new car smell. My brother should appreciate that.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
since the only mo in existence that is platinum without a sunroof is still out in the ocean on a freighter, i decided to take one with a sunroof. they're giving me the sunroof for around $880.

i test drove the car today to make sure it drives as well as my '03 which it does. i think it seemed louder under acceleration. maybe because of the sunroof? should be doing the switcheroo tomorrow afternoon.

is it just me or did they do something to the stereo to make it sound a bit better in the midrange?

i will be doing some searches on proper break in for the engine since i don't remember what i did a year and a half ago. i think if i just keep the rpm's varied for around 1500 k's, i should be okay. let me know what you think people.

·
Registered
56 Posts
viewmont said:

is it just me or did they do something to the stereo to make it sound a bit better in the midrange?

i
Your new model may have the Bose system where your other one may not. That would certainly make it sound very different. Food for thought. On that note, I am hungry, let me eat! :2:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
all the Canadian versions have the bose. the SL's are pretty loaded and the only option you can get is sunroof and AWD. I got both of those. I just thought maybe they played with the crossovers or something like that. i guess there aren't too many members with '05s that would know cuz i expected a bit more chatter.

hey Grip! you should know the answer to this one?

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
They probably read the forum and saw that one of the guys put a 47uf cap on the tweeters........

As the owner of an 03 and now an 05, you don't get to ask questions.
You get to answer questions. :p

Homer

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hfelknor said:
As the owner of an 03 and now an 05, you don't get to ask questions.
You get to answer questions. :p

Homer

omigawd the responsibility is too much!:D
hey! i'm the guy who doesn't know pewter from platinum! he heh.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts