Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any have an issue with their side mirror? I just noticed that on my drivers' side it has a slight warp... just enough to cause a distraction when trying to switch lanes. I may bring it back to the dealer.

·
5,268 Posts
No, mine are OK.

Anyway, interesting observation, you should get them fix.........

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like I will plan on it.... funny though I never noticed before. If it wasn't there then what would have caused that to happen?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've noticed this lately.....I thought it was just time to see the eye doctor again. I've only noticed it in the last week to ten days...at the same time that we've had unusually cold temps here in New England. Could there be a connection? I have not noticed this on the passenger side.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is strange... I noticed it too with these frigid temps here in the NE... funny that the pax side wasn't affected. I guess if I was outside for extended period of time at -6°F I would warp too. :(

·
5,268 Posts
Looks like you need to move South, guys!
:D

Kidding only. But it does seem like a pattern............:(

·
Registered
32 Posts
Gonzo said:
Any have an issue with their side mirror? I just noticed that on my drivers' side it has a slight warp... just enough to cause a distraction when trying to switch lanes. I may bring it back to the dealer.
It's not really cold here (45F), but I've noticed a *very* slight warp since I've had the MO on 12/27/2003. I think it's slighly convex warp to it to help in seeing around you on the side.

-marius

·
Registered
17 Posts
I also have a slight warp, mostly on the inside of the mirror. I swear I did not have it for the first 6 months I owned the Murano. I would like to know if anyone got their dealer to replace.

Bob

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the same spot.... drivers side... lower right corner. I'm just not sure it I was them to replace this.... slight bother to me.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Substandard mirrors. Mine was also warped and snapped into 2 pieces within a block of backing out of my garage. Nissan said they would replace it but it has been backordered for a month now.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Mine is also warped. It was warped from the day I drove off the lot. I rarely notice it now, but I'll get around to complaining about it after the more serious problems are fixed. If you complain about too many things, even if they are legitimate problems, the service guys get an attitude.

JeffC

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Maybe an excuse to get the turn signal mirrors, heated too. :)

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Trev

GripperDon said:
Maybe an excuse to get the turn signal mirrors, heated too. :)
See if Nissan is willing to buy you the mirror with turn signal instead, or give you credit towards one at least....

·
5,100 Posts
You bet ,safety hazards, deserve somrthing extra, tell em you lost faith and want to rplace it your self, Then return it for a refund from the parts departmemt ( get the box)

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'll give it a shot. I can already see the look on their faces when I tell them I'm putting in mirrors with signals..... kinda the stunned whatcha talkin' about look. :crazyeye:

·
5,100 Posts
I assume they warp because some engineer set the fit tolerance tight and the backing on the mirror has a different coefficient of expansion that glass. (most things do) and as the temps drop it effectively acts like a bi-metallic strip by contracting more than the glass and bends the glass as it shrinks. The fracture in the mirror shown by Trev is of the correct form for such a stress.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Temp change was definitely the catalyst.

·
5,100 Posts
Thats why they should give you the money to replace it as the current replacementwill do the same thing then you can buy those turn signal mirrors. :D

·
4,664 Posts
Trev said:
Temp change was definitely the catalyst.
Maybe, but they still shouldn't do that...

It's hit - 30 here in three winters, and mine are still fine.

Last I remember, heated mirrors are standard in Canada.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts