Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased extended warranty with Waranty Direct?

Please share experience if you know anything good or bad about it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Not this car, but.......

I insured my Chrysler after the regular warranty expired and although i only had one "failure' they took care of it with absolutely no problem.
I would recommend them.

However, I still think the OEM extended warranty is viewed more positivly by the dealerships.
So, if you are still under warranty, I believe you can get the OEM waranty....
Now, can you get it at "competitive" rates? I don't know.

Homer

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Yes I called and asked and was told you can get the Nissan extended warranty anytime before 3/36000 for about $2,000.

After that you still can but the car is inspected (at your cost) and the fee is different.

I'm on the fence if I should do it or not.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Nissan warranty does not cover evrything

They say it does, but it does not! Read the fine print. For instance, audio stuff is not coverd, and a lot of other things are not covered either. The Gold plus has the best coverage but others don't. I wonder if 3rd party warrantees cover more?

Shop around. Nissan warrantees can be purchased as low as $900 for gold plus.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Re: Nissan warranty does not cover evrything

zebelkhan said:
They say it does, but it does not! Read the fine print. For instance, audio stuff is not coverd, and a lot of other things are not covered either. The Gold plus has the best coverage but others don't. I wonder if 3rd party warrantees cover more?

Shop around. Nissan warrantees can be purchased as low as $900 for gold plus.
I acutally went to Nissan this week to discuss the Entended Warrenty. This is the info I walked away with, with out trying to negotiate anything.

They call the warrenty Security+Plus: Vehicle Protection Plan

The two top plans & prices I was disscussing are....

Gold Plan & Gold Preferred Plan

The Gold Preferred Plan does cover EVERYTHING (or so I'm told) Including the radio and even rental cars, for days if needed.

I was asking about the 7 year/100,000 miles prices...
Gold Preferred Plan:
$50.00 deduc - $1650.00
$00.00 deduc - $1936.00

Gold Plan:
$50.00 deduc - $1501.00
$00.00 deduc - $1753.00

The Gold+Plus does not say anywhere what it does not cover... but the GOLD does says in fine print:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
You are right. It is called "preferred", not "plus".

Here is the link right off of Nissan's website. See item 8.

http://www.nissanusa.com/m/pdf/securityplus/SecurityPlusGoldPreferredCoverageMfr.pdf

Edit-1: Note cancellation clause (paragrapg 10) for California. It says cancellation fee is $25 or 10% of retail price....implying the retail cost of this contract can be as low as $250.....:4:

Edit-2: From HERE you can access all service agreements. Just choose your state and the type of extended warranty.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I always thought that it was an additional 7/100,000 MI warranty but I was wrong so its really a 4/64,000 + 1/40,000 beyond the original warranty... (Orig 3/36,000 + 6/60,000 power train)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Gonzo said:
I always thought that it was an additional 7/100,000 MI warranty but I was wrong so its really a 4/64,000 + 1/40,000 beyond the original warranty... (Orig 3/36,000 + 6/60,000 power train)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
You are correct... but there are some extra bonuses.... for example, you probably couldn't get a rental car paid for now if you are having problems.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
See edits in my post above.

See, they don't show you this untill after you have signed and gone home....:3:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
zebelkhan said:
You are right. It is called "preferred", not "plus".

Here is the link right off of Nissan's website. See item 8.

http://www.nissanusa.com/m/pdf/securityplus/SecurityPlusGoldPreferredCoverageMfr.pdf

Edit-1: Note cancellation clause (paragrapg 10) for California. It says cancellation fee is $25 or 10% of retail price....implying the retail cost of this contract can be as low as $250.....:4:

Edit-2: From HERE you can access all service agreements. Just choose your state and the type of extended warranty.
Thanks for the links. Jeez, if I pay for the Gold Preferred Plan... I would think EVERYTHING should be covered.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
TheGymKid said:

You are correct... but there are some extra bonuses.... for example, you probably couldn't get a rental car paid for now if you are having problems.
Actually one of the reasons I got my MO from this particular dealer is the with any warranty work I can get a free loaner. That has come in handy.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Gonzo said:

Actually one of the reasons I got my MO from this particular dealer is the with any warranty work I can get a free loaner. That has come in handy.
My bad. I never could get a loaner for the life of me from my dealer.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Our new Mo did not come with a Nissan Warranty at all. The dealership sold us a third party warranty, both the regular and extended. We were not told this at the time. After finding this out we contacted Nissan directly and found out that this is not common practice and that they would investigate. To date nothing has been done about it. I would prefer to have the Nissan warranty. We also bought a maintenance package at the same time that was supposed to cover all maintenance for the warranty period. Now we are being told we do not have a maintenance package. Needless to say our dealer sucks.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
patrickem said:
Our new Mo did not come with a Nissan Warranty at all. The dealership sold us a third party warranty, both the regular and extended....
How is that possible? If your Nissan is new, it must have factory warranty. The extended warranty is a different matter however...

We also bought a maintenance package at the same time that was supposed to cover all maintenance for the warranty period. Now we are being told we do not have a maintenance package.
Your receipt should show what you paid for and what you did not. If they lied, don't let them off the hook. I woul take them to small claims court without any hesitation.

·
Registered
93 Posts
zebelkhan said:

How is that possible? If your Nissan is new, it must have factory warranty. The extended warranty is a different matter however...

Your receipt should show what you paid for and what you did not. If they lied, don't let them off the hook. I woul take them to small claims court without any hesitation.
We were sold a warranty by a company called MPP(Mechanical Protection Plan). Everything goes through them. As was explained to us after the fact we can take our vehicle anywhere we want for service. Even dealers that don't even sell Nissans, which makes no sense to me. We were also told that the reason we were sold this warranty was because it is costs the dealer less and they get a kickback for selling it instead of the Nissan warranty. Nissan USA told us that this is not common practice and should not have been done. We were told it would be looked into, that was a few months ago.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Well obviously the dealer played some hankie pankie.......

But they are right..........one advantage of a 3rd party Extended Warranty is the fact that they will be honored at the dealer- OR at any other recognized service facility.
That can be handy in West Workington Falls, Montana. :D

Never heard of Mpp, but that doesn't mean anything.

BTW, the way Warranty Direct works is, the repair facilty calls them with the complaint, the proposed fix and price.
WD looks it up in the book and makes sure the repair facility is not oover charging and gives the facility their corporate credit card #.
If the repair guy wants, he can check with the credit card company, but WD is almost always bigger, and higher rated, than the dealer that's making the call!

Homer

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
The only extended warranty I would be interested in would be a Nissan backed powertrain warranty. The only part I am worried about long term is the CVT, everything else is like a normal car. I wouldn't mind extended the powertrain warranty for 2 or 3 more years, but I would not pay for a warranty that covers everything (not very useful).

I wouldn't go aftermarket, since they will likely not cover a full CVT replacement. Some warranties specify like $2500 for the transmission, which wouldn't even pay for half of a CVT. A Nissan warranty would be the only one guaranteed to give you a proper CVT.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Man... I'm looking at the GOLD Preferred Plan... which I thought would cover everything, but it says all these things are not covered. Is it still worth getting an extended warrenty if they aren't going to cover so many things???

WHAT IS NOT COVERED
8.1 Any component of an electrically powered vehicle, i. e., any vehicle whose propulsion is provided by an electric motor and/or power source, is not eligible
for and is not covered by this Agreement.
8.2 Paint, exhaust system, carpet, glass, upholstery, soft trim, weatherstripping, convertible soft top, moldings, bright metal, clutch disc, pressure plate and
throw out bearing (manual transmission), any and all in-vehicle communications systems and/or mobile entertainment systems, air bag sensors, conversion
of the air conditioning system to operate on R134, audio system components, battery, lenses and bulbs, tires, brake drums, disc brake rotors,
wheels, MacPherson strut inserts, shock absorbers, squeaks, rattles, water leaks and wind noise.
8.3 Maintenance service expenses specified in your Owner ’s Manual such as: engine tune-up, wheel balance and alignment, spark plug and wire replacement/
adjustment, timing belt replacement, fluid and lubricant replacement/replenishment, wiper blade replacement, headlight aiming, filter replacement,
and brake pad and shoe replacement.
8.4 Any repairs relating to loss of performance caused by normal wear and tear unless an actual MECHANICAL BREAKDOWN occurs.
8.5 Any failures due to damage resulting from: accident, fire, theft, water damage, freezing, vandalism, explosion, natural disaster, acts of God, physical
damage, or any other outside influences.
8.6 Any failures resulting from:
• Lack of normal maintenance as specified in your vehicle Owner’s Manual
• Overheating of the powertrain
• Use of improper or contaminated fuels, fluids or lubricants
• Failure to maintain proper fluid, coolant or lubricant levels
• Use of inferior, modified, or non-approved parts
• Modification of the vehicle beyond the original factory specifications
• Negligent operation of a vehicle with a failed component(s)
• Pulling a trailer or other vehicle that exceeds Nissan’s recommendations or exceeds the maximum Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) of the vehicle
8.7 Any failures due to rust or corrosion.
8.8 Any failures caused by racing or other competition.
8.9 Service adjustments not usually associated with the replacement of parts.
8.10 Any incidental or consequential damages such as loss of the use of the vehicle, storage charges, inconvenience or commercial loss.
8.11 Any vehicle with an inoperative or altered speedometer and/or odometer so that the actual mileage of the vehicle cannot be determined.
8.12 Any vehicle used for commercial uses (such as taxi, limousine, rental, etc.).
8.13 Any expense that is covered by your New Vehicle Warranties, parts warranties, or other Agreements.
8.14 Any repair or replacement that has not been authorized by Nissan, or in which the information provided to Nissan cannot be verified as accurate or is
found to be deceptive.
8.15 This Agreement, and all coverages described herein, does not apply to any vehicle which has ever been:
• the subject of a “salvage”or similar title under any state’s law, or
• “totaled” by a licensed insurance company; that is, been the subject of any insurance company’s cash payment of claim in lieu of repairs because
of a determination that the cost of repairs exceeded the actual cash value of the vehicle. If this Agreement is written on such a vehicle, the full
amount of Nissan’s liability under this Agreement is limited to a refund from Nissan of the amount paid to Nissan for this Agreement.
8.16 Liability for damage to property or injury to or death of any person arising out of the operation, maintenance, or use of the vehicle described in this
Agreement, whether or not related to the PARTS COVERED by this Agreement.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts