Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've had my Murano for about two years now, and the warranty expires in January. Overall I'm pleased with the car.

Of course, I've had it in the shop for just about every TSB that's out there (mine's a base-level early 03 model!) but it's pretty much "perfect" maintenance- and issue-wise.

My question is with the 36k/3yr main warranty expiring in the next month, is there any thing I should do? I'm just trying to be thorough here--gotta keep on top of the little things, you know. All the big stuff is taken care of (alternator recall, brake judder).

As a side question, would a valid TSB fix be applied to a car free of charge, even if it was out of warranty? Let's say a new TSB comes out late next year for my car (out of warranty). What happens then?

Thanks,

--Mike

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
As long as you've checked the latest TSBs (which sounds like you have), I think you will be fine. If you want to purchase an extended warranty from Nissan, you will need to do so before the original warranty expires.

·
4,601 Posts
I wonder if you should send them a letter saying the CVT has been shifting strangely and you'd like them to check it out.

Then if it does do something bad later, you can demonstrate that you identified it before the end of the warranty! ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Either trade it in, get an extended Nissan warranty or gamble that you won't have a problem with it.

As I recall, the CVT is about $6k to replace. Granted, it should go well beyond 36k miles but we have seen people on the forums with failed CVTs without high mileage.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
The CVT is guaranteed for 5 years or 60,000 miles.

Homer

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
hfelknor said:
The CVT is guaranteed for 5 years or 60,000 miles.

Homer
YEAP! The powertrain warranty is 5yrs/60K.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That's right. I forgot about that. I was almost at 60k when I traded in my '03 so I had been debating about buying an extended warranty if I was going to keep it to cover the CVT beyond 60k. If you're only at 3/36k then it won't be a factor unless you plan on keeping the car beyond 60k.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Don't forget: You can only buy extended warranty from Nissan before 3 years/36k miles.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That's why I bought a 4 year/60k mile warranty when I purchased the vehicle. You may want to consider buying the warranty just to have it unless you're not planning on keeping the car beyond 60k miles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts