Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently leasing a 2006 Murano for 42 months/15k miles a year. Do you think I should consider getting an extended warranty after the 3yr/36k runs out for the duration of my lease? Or should the 5yr/60k warranty be sufficient?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
payton5812-

Save your $$$. The most expensive items to repair (CVT, X-fer case, engine) will be covered by the Powertrain warranty.

-njjoe

·
Registered
109 Posts
Probaly not. But if you are getting close to 3/36 mark you have an option of buying an extended warranty from nissan. The big plus of this warranty is that if you don't use it you can get a refund. Plus unlike aftermarket warranties, the work would be done at the dealer, and if you are not satisfied return the keys to the service adviser and tell him to call you when the problem is fixed :D

·
Registered
261 Posts
Warranty

Hi All

Any idea how much the 7-100 best warranty cost? and where is the best place to buy it

Thank YOu
Larry

·
Registered
163 Posts
Warrantys can be bought on the net or at any dealer as long as you are still within the 3/36 warranty. Be sure to price shop as there is a huge mark-up. My guess is for a 7/100 gold you're probably gonna spend $1400-2500 depending on the markup.

As far as buying a warranty for a 42 month lease, I would not do it.
You still have the drivetrain wty 5/60 and costwise you'd be better
off eating anything else that went wrong. Keep in mind that the kinds of things most apt to go wrong are probably not covered by the extended wty anyway(brakes/belts/hoses/trim etc).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts