Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i've shared recently that i've just installed the new viper 791 with remote start into my MO. then someone asked me if adding that alarm will affect my warranty. i didn't know...

does anyone else?

i'd hate to think that it would. another thing...i added my new nissan grill guard. as i was putting it on...my mechanic very non chalantly said..."you know if you get into an accident, this thing is going to crush your bumper."

great.

well at least i won't get parking nicks.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
If you get into an accident, grille guard or not, your bumper is going to be damaged. With the angular "pointy" bumper, I cannot imagine it is an efficient shape to spread the energy of impact to minimize bumper damage. But if you get into a crash, the bumper is the least of your worries, I personally don't mind if its gets smashed, that means its doing its job of taking the hit and minimizing damage to other parts of the vehicle.

As for warranty, if your aftermarket alarm affects the electrical system of the vehicle, whatever the alarm damages is not covered under warranty. Lets say one day your ECU gets fried, the dealer can tell a wild tale about how it was caused by your aftermarket alarm (i would not know how it could happen) and not honor the warranty. If you had a reputable alarm installer then that business should repair any damage caused by the alarm, if any.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts