Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Really nice job.

What are you doing this weekend............?;)

Homer

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
You don't have to worry about winter Homer.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Have you seen how deep the sunshine gets around here?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
We don't have hurricanes in Oregon, just earthquakes and volcanic eruptions.........

Since June 10, we have only received 0.1" of rain.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Good luck keeping it that way once the snow and ice begin!

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
elliotgb said:
Good luck keeping it that way once the snow and ice begin!
Ha.. I know. I might have to keep it in my garage all winter long... but what fun would that be. I'm looking fwd to playing with her in the snow. At least I can turn back to this thread and look at a picture of how clean she is under the snow, salt, dirt and anything else that is found on the Jersey roads.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi Gym

Do you know the clearance from the Ground to the bottom of your side bars. If not would it be too much trouble to measure them.

If you take it off road or even on the sand do they get in the way. If you have taken it on the sand how did it go

Nice detail job !

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ekka said:
Hi Gym

Do you know the clearance from the Ground to the bottom of your side bars. If not would it be too much trouble to measure them.

If you take it off road or even on the sand do they get in the way. If you have taken it on the sand how did it go

Nice detail job !
I went out to the garage and measured it...

The Bars are about 8" off the ground, BUT.. there is a part under the Mo that is only about 7" off the ground. So they are higher up then the underbody. I should have measured the muffler also, I know that thing hangs low and was visable until I put on my nerf bars.

Attachments

·
Registered
545 Posts
Well, with the size of these tires, get ready for tons of backsplash and slop all over the MO. I gave up trying to stay clean last year after the snows and all of the road salt, but having a garage, I could at least use buckets of water to rinse off. I even used a car wash once or twice, not that I really wanted to.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
elliotgb said:
Well, with the size of these tires, get ready for tons of backsplash and slop all over the MO. I gave up trying to stay clean last year after the snows and all of the road salt, but having a garage, I could at least use buckets of water to rinse off. I even used a car wash once or twice, not that I really wanted to.
I figured that out after I sprayed on tire shine and then took it for a ride. I found tire shine drops all along the side of my Mo. now I spary it onto a paper towel and wipe it on... but still expect anything wet on the road to end up on the side of Mo.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks Gym

Was thinking of removing the exhaust in the middle anyway and adding a bash plate for the CRV.

Looks like the side bars don't intefere with ground clearance too much.

I posted a few suggestions to tuff'n up the Mo in the other forum, what do you think

·
Registered
256 Posts
anyone ever notice that no matter if the OEM push bar is mounted perfectly level it always looks crooked except for looking at it dead on? I know it's an optical illusion but it makes me crazy when I approach her from an angle. I only bring it up 'cause of the pics that were posted. If you don't know the illusion it looks like a bad install or as if you really used your push bar.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think it's time for a new design for the Nudge bar. Maybe something like this, you could mount some spottys and look real macho

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
I've always wished it had a cross bar/brace either for mounting DL's or just more strength.

·
Registered
747 Posts
OEM Pushbar

Midnitexpress - i noticed that the thing looks crooked in all my pictures. It drives me nuts too because I know the thing is dead on center.

·
Registered
238 Posts
pcs:

What product did you use to get the shine, and how long did it take, trying to motivate myself to do the same :)

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
CVeeT said:
pcs:

What product did you use to get the shine, and how long did it take, trying to motivate myself to do the same :)
Hey... are you asking PCS or me ? If me... i spent two days working on my Murano.

What product did you use to get the shine:
I used collinate to wax it and Mcquires car wash to wash it.

how long did it take:
I spent two days working on it. I washed then waxed the hood/roof/front bumper/front side panels the first day. The next day I waxed the 4doors/rear bumper/trunk/nerf bars and vacummed the inside. I really wanted to clean/condition the leather but I'm on the fence of what to use. First day took longer then the 2nd day.

Time depends on if you wax quickly or you take your time and do inside the door ways and open the gas door and do in there... open up the trunk and do the inside frame where soap and water gets in.

It rained yesterday and I refused to take her out of the garage. :D It's such a great feeling to walk by her.

·
Registered
101 Posts
ekka said:
I think it's time for a new design for the Nudge bar. Maybe something like this, you could mount some spottys and look real macho

Hi Ekka,

G'day,
I need you help to find out how much it cost for Murano "Bonnet Protector (Smoked)" ? The link: http://www.nissan.com.au/murano/accessories.asp

Let me know if you happen to know which Nissan dealers do mail order & can ship out of country - Singapore. Thank you.

Cheers.. sgpmo.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts