Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
My guess about a gallon. It holds quite a bit.

·
Registered
126 Posts
About a gallon.. I nearly emptied a full bottle of Prestone De-Icer windshield washer fluid before the blizzard in Boston....

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
I have not used even a drop from my original factory fill! Build date 11/03. I wonder if it should be replaced with fresh fluid sometime down the road...

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
zebelkhan said:
I have not used even a drop from my original factory fill! Build date 11/03. I wonder if it should be replaced with fresh fluid sometime down the road...

Ah to live in the Bay Area again! The recent snowstorms in the midwest required me to use up about a gallon of the RainX deicer liquid. There was one day I was using it continuously to keep the windshield clear.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
You know I looked everyplace I could think of and can't find it anywhere. :(

·
Registered
242 Posts
Well I looked in the owners manual and it list Windshield washer fluid under capacities but list no capacity just say's use genuine Nissan washer concentrate. So I would say about a gallon.:cool:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my guess was about a gallon too....
I checked service manual also, but no capacity....

About changing fluid... I woild use or change fluid every so often... otherwise, check valve and other place gets solid deposit.....

well, I think I will assume the capacity to be one gallon and will mix my washer additive accordingly...

Thanks every one...

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Eric L. said:

Ah to live in the Bay Area again! The recent snowstorms in the midwest required me to use up about a gallon of the RainX deicer liquid. There was one day I was using it continuously to keep the windshield clear.

How do you like the RainX deicer fluid?

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Gonzo said:

How do you like the RainX deicer fluid?

Well unlike the blue stuff which claims to be good to -20F, but still freezes at +20F, the RainX stuff does not freeze (I've had it down to about -10F and still flows). However, any deicer's claim of actually melting anything more than light snow is a myth. Oh well thats what my ice scraper is for. For what its worth, this is the best washer solvent I have ever used during the winter.

During the warmer months I just mix water and windex concentrate. Unbeatable window clean (if you can stand the windex smell).

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've used Prestone De-Icer mix, and it works best to help dissolve ice buildup on the extreme edges of the windshield as well as ice on the blades themselves...

Eric L. - does the RainX put on that film that allows the water to just bead off??? I used to apply RainX with a cloth and rub it into all window surfaces...

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I do not know the particulars of the rainX fluid but it does work better than all other solvents I have ever used, so maybe it has a bit of the rainX windshield treatment in it.

·
Registered
418 Posts
The Rain X washer fluid works great and it does apply the "bead away" film...takes approx 1/2 the jug to be used before it works effectively...

·
Registered
142 Posts
i think it is MORE than one gallon. my low fluid level lamp came on, i put a gallon in and still could not see the fluid thru the opening..

·
Enjoying the ride…
465 Posts
andy said:
i think it is MORE than one gallon. my low fluid level lamp came on, i put a gallon in and still could not see the fluid thru the opening..
Same here. It got to be more than a gallon for sure

1 - 15 of 15 Posts