Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I washed, claybarred, and then applied 2 coats of AIO about a month ago. Does anyone know if the AIO will stay on after a hand wash? I am using your standard carwash soap (not Dawn). Should I apply another coat of AIO?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Two coats will last at least 6 months, probably closer to nine months with just regular washing. (Even in Minneapolis.)

Try the plastic sandwich bag over your hand trick after you've washed it, just to make sure it's really clean. If it comes up smooth as baby's you know what, then go ahead and add another coat of AIO. (I find that the horizontal surfaces seem to need more coats than the vertical ones.)

I also find that a coat of a nice carnuba wax on top of the AIO really makes the color gleam, especially dark colors.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dklanecky1 - Thanks for the reply. I was going to put another coat on just to be sure. Again thanks!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Glad to help! How about some pictures of the MO, in a scenic location, say down by Minnehaha Falls or around Lake Minnetonka or some such area? Maybe with some sail boats in the backgound?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts