Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my PF was new (3 years ago), I had it power-washed and a coat of Rolite (aircraft stuff) applied. It is more slippery that wax (door edge guards kept falling off).

I think it has lasted most of the 3 years. I wash and wax (brushless car wash, plus hose, mitt, etc.) regularly and I figure it pays off. The car looks great. I'm sure that it would have been more dull than it is now (after 60,000 miles) had I not kept it clean and waxed.

This weekend I'm polishing it for the first time (and vacuuming and all that: shiny tired, ArmorAll dash, blah, blah)... car for sale, Pathfinder 2001...

I can see the oxidation effect where I have not yet polished. Nice difference. Somebody will be buying a very shiny Pathfinder!

·
Registered
487 Posts
That's pretty cool. The ultimate paint-sealant. Better than clear coat! It's... Rolite. ;)

I wish there were places that would do this for you. It seems to make sense, no? I imagine everyone would want an EXTRA "clear coat"...

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More about Rolite

I would like to know more about Rolite. Today I saw a truck (Rolite distributor). I took the phone # so I can find out more about it.

It's supposed to reduce wind drag (better gas mileage?), but it sure is slippery!

Does anyone here know whether it's a good idea to use it on a car?

It was not expensive to have it done. About $25 with the power wash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts