Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a great Nissan dealership/salesperson in the DC area? I'm Not familiar enough with Nissan to know, and am about to start shopping, how has your experience been?

·
Registered
1 Posts
The wify and I have been checking the new Nissan dealer in Sterling, Va. They seem pretty good so far. Sheehy Nissan in Manassas have given me plenty of problems when servicing my Z, and Brown's Nissan in Fairfax have givn me problems also. So here's hoping Sterling Nissan continues making me feel comfortable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've purchased 2 new nissans in the past 6 months (Altima SL in Nov and Murano SE in March) from Rosenthal at Tysons Corner. I'm a long time N.VA resident so have bad memories of slimy sales men at Rosenthal when i tried to buy my first new car (slicked back hair, recycled business cards..) back in the 80's.. in fact i bought 3 VW's during the 80's/90's at Stohlmans down the road because i thought Rosenthal was too slimy.

Anyway when i was buying the Altima I tried Browns Nissan in Sterling but couldn't get them to bring their price down...seemed nice enough but couldn't match my price..

Used the Nissan corporate web site to find who had the car i wanted in stock - and headed to Rosenthal. I dealt with Freddy Barrera - had the car i wanted in stock (SL, leather and no sun roof - too tall), very direct and business like without the games, and I got the price i wanted.

Went back for the Murano last month and same treatment.

So now i'm saving for the 350z this november...:)

good luck

·
Registered
19 Posts
DC Area Dealers

Rosenthal, at least in Gaithersburg, is still pretty slimey--stay away!. VOB in Rockville is much better than Rosenthal. But, I am extremely happy with Tim Shiley at Jenkins Nissan in Frederick, MD. I have bought new Nissans from all three dealerships and, by far, Jenkins was the easiest to get the deal done with, the most friendly, and ther service department is very dependable. If you want more information, let me know. ([email protected])

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
emreardon, Thanks for the feedback on Tyson Rosenthal. I've visited Browns Arlington(Used car dealership feel), and Passport Alexandria(nice showroom), but both had less than knowledgeable salesperson, don't know about price yet as I'm still deciding between Murano or condo.

seems like you're pretty experienced with Nissan, what has been your experience with their service department at the dealer. The ONE holdup I have about the Murano is Nissan service vs. Accura service, as the car I drive right now is an Integra. Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey - know what you mean about deciding between the murano and a condo...of course you could always live out of the murano but maybe that's going too far.

anyway have only had experience with my Altima in for the oil changes - you get 2 years worth of free oil changes and i'm already at 10K with 2 changes since november. i'll let you know what happens with the 15K.

cheers
mark

·
Registered
93 Posts
The two closest dealerships to me are Len Stoler of Owings Mills, MD and Heritage of Westminster, MD. Anyone had any dealings with them? There is a Carmax in White Marsh but thats a bit of a hike.

I'm really shooting for a fairly stripped version to keep cost low. SL with the premium package. Id like to get the VDC but you have to get so many other things to get it. I'd love to get the navigation system but don't think there is any way to swing it ($1700 or so invoice if memory serves). Maybe Nissan will make the options more flexible on the 2004's.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
neo:

I was told that there are companies that will install the DVD Nav aftermarket with the same system/specs. Plus the advantage would be you could watch DVD movies(well, at least the passenger could), which you could not do with the factory installed option.

I havn't yet contacted them, but was told this company in Arlington VA does this work and works closely with some of the Nissan dealships:
http://www.sure-fit.com/

If you go that route, please let us know what you find!
-Joel

·
Registered
93 Posts
JS,

Thanks for the info I will check it out. If I do get it done I'll be sure to post about it. Now of course I just asked for the info you listed in another post. Oh well guess I should read all the new posts before responding.

:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts