Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am having the same issue on my 2017 Murano. I bought it new. It has only leaked onto the drivers side footwell twice in 3+ years, and it occured while driving (as far as I can tell...). Both occurrences were a couple of years apart (as far as I can tell...).

I am not mechanically inclined sufficiently to do this type of repair/diagnose. I hadn't considered going to a body shop. That is a great idea.

·
Registered
2017 Murano SL Platinum
5 Posts
Hello, i've been having the same water leak issue with my 2016 Murano. I've tried to clear the blockage in the drain
using weed eater line, air pressure and suction using a shop vac. I was successful clearing the drain on the passenger side which was also leaking but the drivers side is still leaking. The dealership did say it would cost around $300+ to diagnose and repair the problem.
Wouldn't this not be covered under warranty? I should have read this site before buying a Murano, regret is starting to settle in :-(

·
Registered
2019 Platinum 2WD White
10 Posts
What I have found that people quite often only compain on the car forumns no matter the make. They all have their share of issues.

If one parks under trees especially ones with tiny leaves or seedlings it would almost cause any vehicle to get the drain lines plugged up. I notice many here in AZ park under trees for shade not realizing the sap and debirs slowly adding to a problem.

·
Registered
2017 Murano SL Platinum
5 Posts
What I have found that people quite often only compain on the car forumns no matter the make. They all have their share of issues.

If one parks under trees especially ones with tiny leaves or seedlings it would almost cause any vehicle to get the drain lines plugged up. I notice many here in AZ park under trees for shade not realizing the sap and debirs slowly adding to a problem.
Good point! I transitioned here from ChallengerTalk.com and same deal, form used to exchange issues to help others if they experience same. I'm still excited to pickup my new Murano on Friday 👍😄

·
Registered
4 Posts
I tried to see the drain holes in the four corners of the open sunroof. I could not see them. My Murano is white (if that matters...). We don't park under a tree so I doubt it would be debris from a tree. Our Murano has never spent one night under any roof :(. It is dirty all around the sunroof jamb consistent with a 3 year old vehicle.

If anybody can take a photo of what those drains look like it would help me understand what I am looking for. The diagram someone posted is not helpful to me. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I tried to see the drain holes in the four corners of the open sunroof. I could not see them. My Murano is white (if that matters...). We don't park under a tree so I doubt it would be debris from a tree. Our Murano has never spent one night under any roof :(. It is dirty all around the sunroof jamb consistent with a 3 year old vehicle.

If anybody can take a photo of what those drains look like it would help me understand what I am looking for. The diagram someone posted is not helpful to me. Thanks.
There are some photos in post #12 of this thread that you may find useful, I did!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts