Nissan Murano Forum banner

Water dripping from muffler

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  GripperDon 
#1 ·
I have noticed that on occasion, I have water dripping from the right side (passenger side) of the muffler at the bottom where the side plate is welded to the body of the muffler. This water is coming from the inside of the muffler and a rust spot has formed where the wate is dripping from.

Has anyone else noticed this? And what is causing this?

Thanks for your input!

#2 ·
Most likely normal condensation from moisture that gets in the pipes. All cars do this. Unless you have a stainless steel exhaust its gonna rust over time. What we have is just aluminized steel I believe, the standard for stock automobiles.

#4 ·
Nahhh...

Jpalm: Most likely normal condensation from moisture that gets in the pipes. All cars do this. Unless you have a stainless steel exhaust its gonna rust over time. What we have is just aluminized steel I believe, the standard for stock automobiles.
Nahhh, admit it: most of us love the murano so much we will have the next all new murano to replace the one we have now long before the current Mo's tail pipes are rusted :2:

#5 ·
The actual tailpipe will rust, but the chrome finisher around it will stay shiney for a while.

#7 ·
jpalm said:
Most likely normal condensation from moisture that gets in the pipes. All cars do this. Unless you have a stainless steel exhaust its gonna rust over time. What we have is just aluminized steel I believe, the standard for stock automobiles.
Additionally, the emission system itself produces water vapor at all times. That also turns into water droplets on the way out.

#9 ·
Report it to the dealer, It may be treated as part of the emissions control system and be repaired under warranty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.