Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Nissan Murano that leaks rain water into the rear left side interior during heavy rain fall. Dealership is clueless as to why. It’s done this for three out of the four years that I’ve owned the vehicle. It appears to be coming from directly above the small rear windows. I suspect that is where the plastic drain reservoir is located.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
same here, just a more recent model.

Dealer judging by the amount of water that’s entering in the vehicle it’s probably rails going bad which will cost approximately $8000!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Dealer judging by the amount of water that’s entering in the vehicle it’s probably rails going bad which will cost approximately $8000!
If it’s been going on for 3 years and you have been taking it to them for the same issue with a record showing they checked and couldn’t figure it out...it seems like you could push the issue of them fixing under good faith. Thats assuming you have your previous service records showing the same issue with no actual resolution. If this is the case speak with the service manager and manager of the dealership. If no help there contact corporate to see what they are willing to do.

·
Registered
543 Posts
$8000 to replace the moon roof rails? ummm... am I missing something here? ..... im assuming you dont have to pull out the engine and transmission and then repaint the car to replace rails.... or am I wrong??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$8000 to replace the moon roof rails? ummm... am I missing something here? ..... im assuming you dont have to pull out the engine and transmission and then repaint the car to replace rails.... or am I wrong??
Those where exactly my thoughts We're not talking power train repairs here.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Sounds like they don’t have a clue. You said it’s been leaking for three years, has it been in the shop for that concern (hopefully multiple times). Some details about your experiences will help anyone here who may have ideas or suggestions. What you said in your post makes it sound like it’s never been looked into, just quick guessed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Correct Michael, it was never really looked into even though I would occasionally mention it when I visited the dealership for routine maintenance. Because it was so infrequent that the vehicle was exposed to the outside sitting still in heavy rain it was never serious pursued. Now the problem has worsened and the extended warranty has expired.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Correct Michael, it was never really looked into even though I would occasionally mention it when I visited the dealership for routine maintenance. Because it was so infrequent that the vehicle was exposed to the outside sitting still in heavy rain it was never serious pursued. Now the problem has worsened and the extended warranty has expired.
Most extended warranties wouldn't cover it anyway but It's to bad it wasn't on record or dealt with under the manufacturers warranty. Unfortunately, it leaves you little recourse for warranty coverage. Maybe your dealership can help mitigate the issue and help a little with cost if they recall you mentioning it before. Good luck, let us know what happens

·
Registered
28 Posts
what happens when you wash the car ? May be you can identify the void by washing in excess pressure . Once the gap is narrowed down , you can put some water proof glue or fixit to avoid the leak. Not a good solution but certainly a lot cheaper as compared to spending $8000( which btw sounds ridiculous by dealer).

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2015 Nissan Murano that leaks rain water into the rear left side interior during heavy rain fall. Dealership is clueless as to why. It’s done this for three out of the four years that I’ve owned the vehicle. It appears to be coming from directly above the small rear windows. I suspect that is where the plastic drain reservoir is located.
We had the same problem with our 2017 Murano and after 3 trips to the dealer they discovered it was a problem with the sunroof drain - it was somehow blocked and the water had nowhere else to go. Unfortunately during that time so much water got into the vehicle that we have had to file an insurance claim. We googled and saw a youtube video and suggested to the dealer they look into the sunroof drain and that was the only reason they found it, so don't be afraid to speak up!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
If it’s been going on for 3 years and you have been taking it to them for the same issue with a record showing they checked and couldn’t figure it out...it seems like you could push the issue of them fixing under good faith. Thats assuming you have your previous service records showing the same issue with no actual resolution. If this is the case speak with the service manager and manager of the dealership. If no help there contact corporate to see what they are willing to do.
We had no luck with either the dealer service or corporate!

·
Registered
4 Posts
same here, just a more recent model.

I have a 2017 and it leaks in the drivers side cargo area and it has tracked into the passenger area on the left. My carpet is all mildew as I have custom liners in the front and back I didnt catch it until I removed them to sweep. I'm sitting at the dealership now and we will see. This is going to be a battle I fear. It's obviously a problem in manufacture whether it's bad design or poor quality parts.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a 2017 and it leaks in the drivers side cargo area and it has tracked into the passenger area on the left. My carpet is all mildew as I have custom liners in the front and back I didnt catch it until I removed them to sweep. I'm sitting at the dealership now and we will see. This is going to be a battle I fear. It's obviously a problem in manufacture whether it's bad design or poor quality parts.
Do you have a moonroof? The drains could be clogged.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2017 Murano leaking in the stationary moon roof they say, left side cargo hold. My carpet is mildewed . I took it to the dealership and I'm out of warranty and mentioned how many people in the Nissan forum seem to have the same or similar issue. Front desk response when I got the ridiculous price quote was an immediate, "well you did have an accident in 2017". I told her yes but it was the right front bumper with no structural damage. I found it interesting how she just mentioned that. I called Nissan North America and my issue was escalated to regional. I was basically told too bad, not their fault and they can't help me. It was going to be $357 to repair or if glass had to be replaced, $758. Carpet replaced was $1615 plus tax. If the headliner needed to be replaced $1365 for parts and $701 for labor. I think it's all BS. My daughters 2016 Rogue had a leaky windshield and the dashboard curled up. They know there is a problem but won't own it. Just my opinion. I will never buy another. I also had an issue with the cruise control.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a 2017 Murano leaking in the stationary moon roof they say, left side cargo hold. My carpet is mildewed . I took it to the dealership and I'm out of warranty and mentioned how many people in the Nissan forum seem to have the same or similar issue. Front desk response when I got the ridiculous price quote was an immediate, "well you did have an accident in 2017". I told her yes but it was the right front bumper with no structural damage. I found it interesting how she just mentioned that. I called Nissan North America and my issue was escalated to regional. I was basically told too bad, not their fault and they can't help me. It was going to be $357 to repair or if glass had to be replaced, $758. Carpet replaced was $1615 plus tax. If the headliner needed to be replaced $1365 for parts and $701 for labor. I think it's all BS. My daughters 2016 Rogue had a leaky windshield and the dashboard curled up. They know there is a problem but won't own it. Just my opinion. I will never buy another. I also had an issue with the cruise control.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Charlottemae-

So sorry to hear this news. So frustrating! Did the service department say anything about the possibility of one of the moonroof drains being clogged? My 2015 had a clogged front Driver’s side moonroof drain. I had water coming down the A pillar. I’ll send you some links to my story and how I had it fixed. Cost was about $300.00 but I didn’t have mildew or anything like that.

·
Registered
32 Posts

1 - 20 of 22 Posts