Nissan Murano Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a 2017 Murano leaking in the stationary moon roof they say, left side cargo hold. My carpet is mildewed . I took it to the dealership and I'm out of warranty and mentioned how many people in the Nissan forum seem to have the same or similar issue. Front desk response when I got the ridiculous price quote was an immediate, "well you did have an accident in 2017". I told her yes but it was the right front bumper with no structural damage. I found it interesting how she just mentioned that. I called Nissan North America and my issue was escalated to regional. I was basically told too bad, not their fault and they can't help me. It was going to be $357 to repair or if glass had to be replaced, $758. Carpet replaced was $1615 plus tax. If the headliner needed to be replaced $1365 for parts and $701 for labor. I think it's all BS. My daughters 2016 Rogue had a leaky windshield and the dashboard curled up. They know there is a problem but won't own it. Just my opinion. I will never buy another. I also had an issue with the cruise control.
Here’s the link to my story. Hope it helps. Water coming in somewhere

·
Registered
380 Posts
Went through the same with 2016 right front drain. Nissan corporate is useless and just politely says sorry nothing they can assist with. They wanted me to pay the dealer $157 hour just to diagnose it first then they would see if they could help. Well, without assurance of assistance I said no. I took it someplace else locally and they diagnosed and repaired it for $80. The drain was disconnected. I suspect this was happening from the beginning but it was always garaged and not driven much in inclement weather. It wasn't until S.Florida rains hit it that I had visible evidence.

There should be a class action something. This is obviously a common issue. So common that the service advisor knew instantly (but I would still have the pay for the diagnosis ). Unfortunately I am away from my selling dealer who would have helped. I had a good relation with them and they were a smaller dealer. I really miss that connection.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am dealing with the same thing! I took my car to the dealership, after they said nothing is wrong. I refused to pick it up. They said there was a clogged drain duct under the windshield. They cleaned it and $300 later it still leaks. Now only on the left side. Mine leaks from the vents in the very back and sometimes that seatbelt thing hanging from the ceiling.

seems like it should not be our responsibility but what do I know?

Dealer judging by the amount of water that’s entering in the vehicle it’s probably rails going bad which will cost approximately $8000!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine was a clogged drain on the left rear. Dealership told me it was my stationery moon roof glass leaking. Didn't make sense. I took it to my body shop guy and he cleaned out the drain and no more leak. I took it to the car wash, no leak. This is a poorly designed system and they are aware of the leaks happening but continue to use the same inferior system. They have used it for years and are still using it as I have seen a complaint with a 2019 model.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2015 Nissan Murano that leaks rain water into the rear left side interior during heavy rain fall. Dealership is clueless as to why. It’s done this for three out of the four years that I’ve owned the vehicle. It appears to be coming from directly above the small rear windows. I suspect that is where the plastic drain reservoir is located.
Our cars has a panoramic sunroof and the left drivers side water drain was clogged... we took ours to a body shop, they charged $150 to fix it.

·
Registered
380 Posts
After repairing front sunroof drains a few months ago, today I notice water on the drivers rear footwell and some drips from around the base of the rear seatbelt. I'm assuming it is now a clogged rear drain but I'll be damned if I can even locate the drain on the rear of the stationary roof. Anyone know where it is? Seems like there's a piece blocking me from seeing it. I can't even find where exactly it drains there are just to many holes. ugh.

I know corporate will be of no help so I'm hesitant to even take it to the dealer and pay for a diagnosis any of the service advisors already know. Maybe a body shop? Has anyone had any cheaper results from a body shop?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2018 Murano with the same issue. Dealer finally figured it out after 4 trips (they replaced rear opera window glass, the rear quarter panel, the rear gas filler and the rear hatch wiring harness before finally discovering it was just a clogged moonroof drain). Now it's doing it again and I've got a service appointment scheduled to get it fixed. It's still under warranty and it's a lease, so I'm ditching it while it's still under warranty. It's worth a lot more than the lease buyout so it's be a good bargaining chip for our next vehicle, which will NOT be a Nissan.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts