Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
my first thought would have been the roof rails or rear qtr glass. also check in case the car needs to be sitting at an angle for the water to get in. Another possibility could be the hose for the rear washer depending on where it is run as it is never something i have investigated myself

·
Super Moderator
1,212 Posts
I know that 1st Gen Murano's have both front and rear moonroof drains. I believe the rear tubes run down behind the rear doors.

If you park on a sloop with the front higher then the rear, you might have plugged rear drain tube.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had a similar problem. Turned out to be a split seam under the roof rail on the side with the leak. Try confirming by pouring water over the back half of the rail. After the roof rail was removed and split was coated with seam sealer, the problem was solved.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had a similar problem. Turned out to be a split seam under the roof rail on the side with the leak. Try confirming by pouring water over the back half of the rail. After the roof rail was removed and split was coated with seam sealer, the problem was solved.
Thank you very much for the reply. That’s the one place I didn’t pour water on. Have to check it out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello.
My Murano is an SL purchased on November 2018, it's close to 40,000 miles.
I just happen to see this on the right side (front passenger seat) while driving last week,no clue where it's coming from.
Any advise will be gladly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
If it's a water stain and you have a moonroof, the moonroof drain may be clogged...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for replying.
Yes, I do have a moonroof,any suggestions on how it is supposed to be unclogged; and also why it gets clogged will be appreciated.

Best regards,

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
If you search the 3rd gen forum you'll find a number of helpful threads on this subject.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts