Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently, I have a leak somwhere near the top of my driver's side door. It seems to be leaking through the seal and running down the front edge of the door and into the floor pan. It took me awhile to notice because the water seems to flow under the floor mat. The terrible musty smell prompted a search, and turned up a pretty bad puddle under that mat. Has anyone else had a problem of this sort? There is a weep hole in the seal at the point where the water seems to be coming in, but the same hole in the passenger side produces no leak. I just figured I would ask if anyone else had seen this before I go tearing into the seal/door for a closer look. TIA

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just finished looking at that thread...must have jumped over the section about his second leak. Sounds just like mine. Hopefully I won't have to tear the left side of my car off to fix it though! I just sent him a pm...hope he can help.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Are you guys sure the water is leaking from the door and not the AC?

I had the same problem with my Jeep. I worked on the door for weeks and the problem was always there. I finally noticed the AC condensate was no longer leaving a puddle on the driveway. I put 2 and 2 together, unplugged the condensate drain line and the water problem disappeared and the carpet dried up.

-njjoe

·
Registered
2019 Murano Platinum
2 Posts
Apparently, I have a leak somwhere near the top of my driver's side door. It seems to be leaking through the seal and running down the front edge of the door and into the floor pan. It took me awhile to notice because the water seems to flow under the floor mat. The terrible musty smell prompted a search, and turned up a pretty bad puddle under that mat. Has anyone else had a problem of this sort? There is a weep hole in the seal at the point where the water seems to be coming in, but the same hole in the passenger side produces no leak. I just figured I would ask if anyone else had seen this before I go tearing into the seal/door for a closer look. TIA
Did you ever find out what happened? Brand new 2019 Murano (purchased 6 months ago). Now spring, finding every time it rains, carpet under floor mat is soaked. Don't know where to begin and furious I have issues for $40K spent. Want to be prepared before I go to the dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts