Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
It's most likely air conditioner condensate if it's water and doesn't smell like antifreeze

·
Super Moderator
7,619 Posts
Look above the liquid...that's your first clue.

First thing I do is dip my finger in it, sniff and taste. If it's oil, you will know. If it has antifreeze in it, you will smell it and the water will be slippery. If it's condensate from the AC, it will be plain water.

·
Super Moderator
7,619 Posts
If it's antifreeze, then you have a coolant leak. What I would do first is check coolant level after it has cooled down and make sure it's up to the correct level. That buys you time. Second step would be to start looking for the leak, which may sometimes be found because the antifreeze may leave a color trace from the point of the leak. You can go to a shop and have them use a pump to pressurize the cooling system, which usually will make the leak easy to find. At that point you can make decisions about how to fix it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! Went to mechanic, he confirmed it was condensate, apperently it happens with murano's

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks guys! Went to mechanic, he confirmed it was condensate, apperently it happens with murano's
Happens with most cars....at least here in the South during the really hot and humid days. Glad to hear that’s all it was

·
Super Moderator
7,619 Posts
If the AC is on and you live in a humid area, they all do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
Pilgrim
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing