Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, am I crazy for wanting to wave/honk when I see other Murano drivers on the road? My wife thinks I am...:D

Does anyone else do it? If so, where are you from??

Look (and listen) for me in my black SL AWD in central NJ...

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had a Murano driver honk and wave at me the other day. (We both have Silver Muranos.) It took me by surprise so by the time I waved back I was already past him.
My other car is a Jeep Wrangler so I'm used to it when I drive that one. Almost all other Jeep Wrangler drivers wave when they see you. It's kind of nice. I think Murano drivers should do it too.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I TRY TO WAVE EVERY TIME I PASS A MO(ESPECIALLY SINCE THEYRE PRETTY SCARCE AROUND HERE). I LIVE IN SOUTHERN WI AND FREQUENTLY TAKE I-90 BETWEEN ROCKFORD IL AND MADISON WI.
IT SEEMS MOST OF THE MO DRIVERS AROUND HERE COULD CARE LESS ABOUT WAVING AND HONKING(A LITTLE SNOTTY I GUESS).
SO IF YOURE EVER IN MY AREA AND SEE A POLISHED PEWTER WITH A SHINY BALD HEAD INSIDE, JUST GRINNING & WAVING, TRY TO WAVE BACK!

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I wave to other Murano drivers too, but they never seem to wave back. :rolleyes:

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
I notice Murano's a long way away, so I watch and if the driver is looking at me, I wave.

I have noticed a lot of snooty people driving them unfortunately.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Mo friendly gesture~

Becareful who you waving at, from distance it can also look like a sticking a middle finga! Hehe~~

Nizmo

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
I think the waving phenomenon has slowed a bit now that the car's been out for quite a while. I still watch other Murano drivers intently and if I catch their eye, I'll wave. Today was a rough day, though. There is a terrible light in Englewood Cliffs, NJ that only gives 2 or 3 cars a left green arrow in between about 5 minutes of sitting. So the "blue hair" right in front of me decided to stop for the yellow arrow (this is North Jersey, COME ON :3:). I had already sat through about four cycles of this light and I decided to gun it from behind her and throw a left turn. Unfortunately, there was a black Murano first in line in the traffic coming out of the shopping/restaurant area I was pulling into.

Quite embarrasing. He was probably telling his gf how nice it was to see another Murano, as I rifled across the front of his car, chirping all four to scoot through before the oncoming traffic could switch from the brake pedal to the gas. So if you, Mr. Black Murano owner, are reading this, I apologize for being a bad example in front of your gf or wife. I had an unbelievably bad day, and it was either that, or push the old lady into traffic and end ALL of our misery.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I almost always wave.. maybe 10% wave back.
It's disheartening compared to driving around in my 'vette.. in that car, it's more like 95% who wave back, from any of the 5 (soon to be 6) generations of 'vettes..

·
Registered
781 Posts
Next thing ya know people in Camry's are gonna be waving at each other :)

I generally will not be the first to wave as I'm tired of getting snubbed. My wife likes to wave. She's the primary driver and far better to look at than I am - so I'm sure people wave at her ;)

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I drove a Corvette for 14 years, Vette owners had a bond and would always wave. Same deal going years back with my Austin Healey, it was almost rude not to wave. I only had two chances on a wave with the MO and had one return it.
The ones that return the wave "get it."
Bob1

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Honked to my 1st Murano today. I was stopped at intersection and he was driving by. Didn't wave or honk back. I think I might have just suprised him or something. :p Will keep trying.

I also drive a 99 honda accord. Now THAT would be a lot of waving on my part... For the Muranos, I'll keep it up. Maybe one hopefull day everyone will "get it".

·
Registered
554 Posts
On my VX800, I always give the "low-cool-wave" to fellow motorcyclists. I almost always get the wave back - except in and immediately around Washington, DC. Too many people full of self-importance. Too bad, its almost like a motorcycle riding LAW that you have to wave to other riders (HD riders being the exception - their wave is usually the one-fingered type along wtih taunts about "jap-crap." Too bad that "crap" outperforms, outlasts, and outrides their 1960's technology junk).

Given this experience with motorcyclists, I don't generally initiate a wave to fellow Mo owners. On occasion, I have given them the big thumbs up like when we are side-by-side at a traffic light and the other driver looks over. That usually gets a smile and a big thumbs up in return!

ps: Don't get me wrong - a HD rider waves friendly-like to me and he'll get the same in return!

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Most Mo owners that i bumped into are ladies (young and/or slightly not too young)..

So if i wave to a young lady, it may looks like i am trying to make a pass. No good.
If i wave to an older lady, it may looks like i am a pervert. SO no good either...

Either way...I will try to wave but have to make sure it is someone who will not misunderstand the purpose :rolleyes:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jim, sorry you have that mentality about HD riders. Actually I can understand where you're coming from, but being a HD rider myself, let me just say we're not all like that :cool: I wave to everyone (the low-cool-wave ;). I feel anyone else on two wheels can relate at least to some level. And please don't feel the need to prove your machinery is better than anyone else's. We ride what we do cause we love to ride. Nuff said.

So anyway I waved to my 2nd MO yesterday. She was coming the other way, and I just flashed my lights at her. She didn't flash back or anything, and I saw her braking in the rearview, so I guess she thought I was giving her the radar trap warning. (doh!) I'll have to stick to hand waves I guess. So I'm 0/2 thus far. Will keep trying...

Jim C said:
On my VX800, I always give the "low-cool-wave" to fellow motorcyclists. I almost always get the wave back - except in and immediately around Washington, DC. Too many people full of self-importance. Too bad, its almost like a motorcycle riding LAW that you have to wave to other riders (HD riders being the exception - their wave is usually the one-fingered type along wtih taunts about "jap-crap." Too bad that "crap" outperforms, outlasts, and outrides their 1960's technology junk).

Given this experience with motorcyclists, I don't generally initiate a wave to fellow Mo owners. On occasion, I have given them the big thumbs up like when we are side-by-side at a traffic light and the other driver looks over. That usually gets a smile and a big thumbs up in return!

ps: Don't get me wrong - a HD rider waves friendly-like to me and he'll get the same in return!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts