Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke with a couple of friends that said newer cars have such great coats that wax isn't necessary. In fact, they mentioned that it would put build up on the car and make it look worse. I know that is nonsense (I'll still wax my MO), but I just wanted to get your thoughts on new car paint.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
yes, they are crazy. Look at their cars and see if they have etched water spots....bet they do. I rather have Ma nature screwing with my wax than my paint.

·
Registered
792 Posts
It's crap.

The clear coat will still need to be taken care of. You really aren't touching the base coat color.

Plus, it is an autmotive finish - it is no longer paint ;)

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Problem is these people listen to a salesman feeding them what ever some clown told him about the finish. Do they have to wax, maybe not but pull your just waxed MO next to one of their cars after they have owned it 6 months. No wax cars are like no wrinkle shirts. Do they really come out of the dryer ready to wear or do you throw the iron to those clothes?
Bob:)

·
Registered
80 Posts
bob1 said:
Problem is these people listen to a salesman feeding them what ever some clown told him about the finish. Do they have to wax, maybe not but pull your just waxed MO next to one of their cars after they have owned it 6 months. No wax cars are like no wrinkle shirts. Do they really come out of the dryer ready to wear or do you throw the iron to those clothes?
Bob:)
Good point(s).

When they come up with clothes dryers that don't have a permanent press cycle, irons that no longer have the permanent press setting, stop calling water heaters hot water heaters...... and any number of other oxymoronic expressions that describe a technology that hasn't advanced to the point that it is being sold as.

Until such time arrives, waxing an automotive paint job that has been constantly scaled back in quality to a point that anything less would not lilkely survive delivery to the dealer is probably still a good idea.

Ask someone who has owned past Chrysler products that now have paint peeled back to the primer on over 40% of their vehicle if a little more wax may have resulted in a more presentable vehicle 5 years down the road.

With the poor quality of automobile paint finishes today, combined with 60 to 72 month payment schedules necessary to bring the cost of the average car within reach of the average consumer, wax is a small price to pay to assure that the car willl still have paint on part of it's surface when the final payment is made.

I guess the final question to consider is, after looking around the door handle at the scratches already there resulting from nothing more sinister than a brush of a fingernail when opening the door, if they honestly think the quality (or lack there of) of the factory paint job is up to the task of standing up against common road debris without a first level of defense (wax) present.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am still going to baby my car and wax it, but just wanted to get your thoughts...Thanks for the feedback:4:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts