Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be the very first time I'm going to wax a car and I'm not quite sure what to use. I want something easy and efficient. I don't mind paying for a superior product as long as it works. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I live in Canada so it has to be available here or on the internet.
Do I wax the car immediately after I get it?
Thanks
Ella

·
Registered
747 Posts
Ella

Lots of choices. Alot of folks on here prefer Zaino. But Zaino to me appears to be a little too complex if you are looking for something simple. I have been using Klasse for the past couple of years with great results. You can purchase it online at Car Detailing Web sites. It is fairly simple. Wash, Dry, rub on Klasse All In One, let dry for @ 10 minutes, wipe off. Repeated coats give a beautiful shine, Then apply Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze and wipe off. Done.
You can find it here if your interested, Plus lots of detailing tips:

Autogeek.net

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have used Zymoil, Mequires and I am trying Zaino for the 1st time this weekend. I have had good luck with both.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
I use Collinite insulater wax.
Yesterday I waxed the Mo in about 30 minutes. It was still beading water as if it had just been waxed...but I haven't touched it in 4 months except to wash every 4 weeks. Now it looks as if it has been dipped in glass. After the first two waxes, once every 6 months will do. I haven't waxed the black trim on the bottom of the doors in 8 months, and didn't rewax them yesterday because they still sheet off water. Scoot with hose, blink, it's dry.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked out the Zaino site and it talks about different products for different types of paint. Clear-coated or regular. What does the Mo have? I assume it's clear coated, am I right? I would hate to buy the wrong stuff.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Yes it is a clear coat.

Zaino is a good choice.

It is the number one wax/polish accodring to a lot of people like the Corvette owners and the GuruReports.

http://www.gurureports.org/gurusonline/testimonials.html

Homer

BTW there is a phone number at the site.
Call Sal Zaino.
Really.
He loves to talk personally to his customers.

·
5,244 Posts
I used Zaino for more than a year now on both MO and FX. And the results are great. Oh, and I used Homer's famous instruction how to use it. If you search the forum you will find it.

Today, however, i tried Collinite first time on FX. It was easy, did not even take 30 min - waxing, waiting and buffing off. Just one coat. Hope it will last as some of the board members reported.

If I had more time I would stick with Zaino. It looks and feels great. Just too time consuming and I am more than busy now,

·
Registered
747 Posts
Kris

I have looked into the Collinite. Which one did you use. The 845 or Liquid Sapphire Wax?

·
5,244 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Update on my earlier post. Zaino is on 2 coats Z2 with ZFX enhancer. It took me about 2 hours to do car including drying time. I used alittle over 2 ounces as per instructions.There where also some refreshments time included too. Also used Spray enhancer when finished. Can not wait till sunshine here in PA

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update on my earlier post. Zaino is on 2 coats Z2 with ZFX enhancer. It took me about 2 hours to do car including drying time. I used alittle over 2 ounces as per instructions.There where also some refreshments time included too. Also used Spray enhancer when finished. Can not wait till sunshine here in PA

I purchased a full kit from Zaino Canada today....now all I need is a Murano to polish

·
Registered
48 Posts
OK 2 more coats of Zaino that makes 4 and some enhancer and she`s setting out in the sun smiling :p It really does look good, my neighbor stopped by and wants me to detail his car. This time it took me 1 1/2 hours with a little refreshment time. Also under 2 ounces this time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts