Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello forum, new member here. Just bought a 2019 Nissan Murano and the dealer was advising Waxyol rustproofing, stating Nissan discontinued factory rustproofing. I declined at the time of purchase, needed to research first. Anyone have any advice/thoughts? I live in norther WI, a lot of salt is used in the winter here on the roads. My apologies in advance if this has been discussed already. I'm new to the forum. Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
8,414 Posts
In that part of the country, I would be inclined to have at least one, and maybe more than one, rust treatment done. The upper midwest has a tremendous salt and rust problem. I don't know the product in question, but I'm always leery of dealer markups, which tend to be very high. I would be inclined to do some research and make my own arrangements after purchase.

Incidentally, all manufacturers have increased their efforts to make their vehicles rust resistant, and galvanized steel is used in most cars.. I think the statement that Nissan has stopped rustproofing is not true.

·
Super Moderator
994 Posts
In that part of the country, I would be inclined to have at least one, and maybe more than one, rust treatment done. The upper midwest has a tremendous salt and rust problem. I don't know the product in question, but I'm always leery of dealer markups, which tend to be very high. I would be inclined to do some research and make my own arrangements after purchase.

Incidentally, all manufacturers have increased their efforts to make their vehicles rust resistant, and galvanized steel is used in most cars.. I think the statement that Nissan has stopped rustproofing is not true.
Third Gen Murano's have a three layer rust prevention system. Details on application are in the body section of the factory service manual, required whenever bodywork exposes bare metal.

Have a good day.

·
Super Moderator
8,414 Posts
Third Gen Murano's have a three layer rust prevention system. Details on application on in the body section of the factory service manual, required whenever bodywork exposes bare metal.

Have a good day.
In other words, the salesman was either intentionally lying, or ignorant of the features of his product. Might be worth a call to the sales manager to let them know what their sales staff are saying. If they'e any good, they'll correct that behavior.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts