Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
5,244 Posts
I can only say "in your dream". Same applies to FX35...............

·
Registered
485 Posts
Well, joys of CVT eh? Look at the shape of the Murano's curve, smooth as silk. The FX however has that truly nasty turn for the worse at 90MPH like that's when it hits the far too tall over-drive cruising gear and can't accelerate it's way out of a wet paper bag.

Let's see if we can find gearing info from Infiniti's FX web site...nope, I can't find squat on the tranny at all. Is it just a normal 4-speed auto?

·
5,244 Posts
5-speed outo with manual shift.....

·
My MO's faster than yours
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw in the fx forums that they use the same trannies as the fx35s.

Isn't it odd tho that theres hardly any performance data on the fx35?

·
5,244 Posts
Base on my "feeling" not scientiffic data, FX35 and MO have very similar performance. There is hardly noticable difference.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Those numbers have got to be wrong for the FX45. Up to 90, they appear correct, but after, I am not sure.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Well, are those first 3 gears pretty darn tight (probably redline at 30/60/90MPH) and then the top two really really tall for improved highway mileage numbers?

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I have a copy of Motortrend, either June or July 2004, which shows the FX45 0-100 in 17.3s. Mystery solved.

·
Registered
155 Posts
This site shows the Muranos 0-60 speed at 8.35 seconds, Car and Driver at 7.5.

Which is correct?

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
bruno said:
This site shows the Muranos 0-60 speed at 8.35 seconds, Car and Driver at 7.5.

Which is correct?
Probably somewhere in between. Car and Driver brake torqued to get 7.5s. Motortrend clocked the Murano in 8.1s I believe.

·
5,244 Posts
A quote from C&R:

Equipped with Nissan's ubiquitous 3.5-liter V-6, which develops 280 horsepower in this iteration, the FX35's pace is surprisingly close to that of the FX45, which has a much more powerful 315-hp V-8. We measured the sprint to 60 in 7.1 seconds and the quarter-mile in 15.5 seconds at 91 mph (6.3 and 15.0 in the FX45). Top speed was an ungoverned 137 mph, enough to see off most expensive German sedans with their 130-mph governors.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts