Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever used these? The dark are not listed for the MO yet but I read that they would be available in 6 months?

There just aren't enough accessories available yet for the MO! :x

·
Registered
14 Posts
Oh yes they are! I purchased mine on-line about a month ago and the only ones available WERE the smoke. They look awsome! This is my 3rd set (purchased from MacNeil (sp?) auto products. I have them on both our MO and our ML320. Go get'em!
[/url]

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steveg - you still out there? I don't remember seeing a pic before we had the new server/lost thread problem?:confused:

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Enforcer - the "Dark" or just the regular ones?

·
Registered
278 Posts
WeatherFlectors, Wax, Bug thingies

I have one friend who loves his weatherflectors.

Has anyone tried Zymol? I am having trouble with the idea of "feeding" the car's surface. Rollite and car-wash wax have kept my Pathfinder repelling water for 100,000 km (60,000 miles or so). Anyway, is Zymol good?

Looking at the stone chips on the hood of the PF, I definitely want a bug deflector, too, for MO. Do they increase fuel consumption? Do rain deflectors?

How do the $100 US kind compare to the local auto supply kind (probably half the price)?

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the pics Enforcer - they look good & are dark enough for me too!.:cool:

Were they hard to put on?

I've only used the tape on VentVisors before & I've had a corner comes loose on another car.

What is that garage made out of?

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Not hard to put on. No tape, press fit. The fronts are solid but the back ones I'm not happy with. They seem loose. Also, the rear "ears" of the fronts hit the window when it rolls up. The fit is so tight there is a twist. Will have to look at moding that too.

Temporary shelter until the garage is built, bought it at costco. Steel frame with "canvas".

·
Registered
255 Posts
Enforcer. I had these in my VW Golf and they made rolling up the window a little harder at the top (crank not power). Does it seem like the motor for the power window has to work a little harder to fully close the window? Also can you elaborate on the fit issues that you mentioned. Anyone know if WeatherTech has retail outlets or are they Internet/Mail Order exclusive.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Well...a picture is worth a thousand words...

It hits, doesn't tug on the motor, it hits. Once it kicks the flector out then it rolls the rest of the way up easy. If it hit any harder though, the window obstruction sensor will kick in and roll the window back down. Not sure how to fix this one yet but I think it involves filing.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
I went with thw Vent Visors from Ventshade because they go over the windows and not in the channels. I have heard of problems with roll up on these.

·
Registered
255 Posts
dtwalkerfl, can you post the part numbers for the Vent Visor units and let us know if you got them local to you or from a online or mail order setup? The Vent Visor unit look a lot darker and I am a little concerned the the WeatherFlectors may require some modding after install. I had the VentVisors on a truck that I had for 5 Years and never had any issues with them.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Enforcer - I thought I was going to try the WeatherTechs until you mentioned your problem & modding them?:confused:
I'm going to see what you think in a week or two?

That temporary lodging for the MO is pretty neat, it sounds like something I would have done!:)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts