Nissan Murano Forum banner

Weatherstripping seals maintenance

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  nissanlove 
#1 ·
In order to keep the door/hatch/moonroof seals in good plump condition, are there any recomendations on topical applications such as silicon based grease? I read that you shouldn't apply petroleum jelly, but silicon or lithium is okay. Has anyone heard anything about this or does Nissan have a recomendation?

Thanks

#7 ·
ADV, It doesn't shine or look greasy or collect dust like Armor All. I use it on the door seals, dash, interior panels, doesn't leave any streaks or patchy areas.

They also make "Invisible Glass", my favorite glass cleaner.

#9 ·
Well, here is my review of the stoners dash protectant. The recommendation is that its either applied and not wiped or you can apply it to a cloth and wipe it on. When you simply spray it on it shines like crazy. Wiping it when its wet decreases the shine substantially but it still shines similar to maguiars protectant. Being that the can is aerosol and that the product mainly contains some solvent mixture that evaporates it doesn't take long to use it up.

Works well on weatherstripping though.

My hunt continues for a good matt dash protectant.

#10 ·
303. Great product. However, it still dries with a mild shine. I guess there really is nothing to restore that nice new matted look to the dash. I never really noticed the cheapness and rippliness of the dash board until I added the shine of dash protectant.

By the way, the dealer recommends Wurth silicon spray for all seals and weatherstripping.

Cheers.

#13 ·
303 aerospace protectant does the trick for me. i find that it also leaves a nice matte finish after a couple days. stoner invisible glass cleaner is awesome. can't find anything better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.