Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Weathertech Bug Deflector does not fit on the 06's. I just spent time tonight trying to get the hood closed, but to no avail. There is almost no room without a deflector.

No wonder Weathertech's site does not specify this product for the 06 as of yet. For those that were thinking about it, don't do it just yet...

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
It's a very tight fit on the 05 as well, but it DOES close. Very snug. So yeah, with the re-design of the 06 front grill, it might not work. Bummer.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
It looks like the '06 grill may have slightly different dimensions than the '05 drill. That's a shame for those of us who would like to put the nicer looking '06 grill on our older MOs. Oh well.

-njjoe

·
Registered
104 Posts
I don't have an 06 so I can't speak to those, but when I installed the weathertech bug shield on my 03, my hood wouldn't close either. I had to turn both hood stops out 1/4 turn and this corrected my problem.

·
Registered
20 Posts
NELSON...

Where you able to install it or trying what HTRK-1 was recommending? Anybody has been able to install the Bug Deflector?

Just curious since I would love one for my 06...

Cacique

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cacique said:
NELSON...

Where you able to install it or trying what HTRK-1 was recommending? Anybody has been able to install the Bug Deflector?

Just curious since I would love one for my 06...

Cacique
No, I returned it. Next time you open and close your hood, take notice of the fact that you have to give it a decent push for the lock to catch. Adding thickness to the hood virtually makes it impossible to close.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts