Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

New Murano owner, actually as of last Saturday. Just purchased a Black MO with Premium Package, Charcoal leather.

I have my first accessory question!

I just received my first accessory...A Weathertech Bug Deflector. I have question about the little hood bumpers (Weathertech calls them "bump-ons"). Have any of you Weathertech bug deflector users, used these things? I just don't want to put anything on my car if I do not need it. Your input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Viper

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had concern when I installed mine about 9 months ago.

I ended up attaching them to the WeatherTech itself, rather than to the hood.

I've seen no marks on the paint from any contact (over 12,000 miles in the 9 month period).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for feedback JMcDonald!!!! Much appreciated!

Thanks again,

-Viper

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does that deflector install with 3m tape or screw fasteners???

·
Registered
44 Posts
It uses solid screws. You do have to remove the rubber flap that seals the hood underside to the area above the grill, but then it goes back in place with installation of the Weathertech deflector. The fit of the hood closure was a bit more snug when closing the hood for a few weeks, but seems to have settled in quite well.

I took a trip to Spokane WA (from Northern CA) prior to installation, and picked up a significant chip on the hood leading edge (...:-(...!..) that was below the coverage of the Weathertech deflector area that I subsequently installed. I've had only one very small chip since then, and the first one that really prompted my purchase is not even visible (unless you get up close and peer behind the lip and know where to look).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Also...

Should be virtually a "stealth" item on your black Murano - mine's silver, so it gives it a bit of a moustache appearance...:)...!

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Don't know how I missed this but.......the bumpers should be placed on the hood--not the deflector. Had a buddy that put them on the deflector and you could see rub points where the bumpers touched the hood. If grit gets on the bumper it results in a nice coarse type of eraser.
Maybe his deflector flexed more than JMcDonald's...?

·
Registered
256 Posts
has anyone noticed any aerodynamic differences with the bugflector? I went thru two of them on my Suburban before giving up totally. One messed the air up so bad the washer fluid wouldn't reach the windshield and the other fluttered the wipers around 80mph. This is the only reason I'm concerned about putting one on the MO.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I have the Weathertech bug deflector installed....

I did not use the rubber "bump ons" the deflector does not touch the hood anywhere, I could see no need to use them. I just checked, still no contact.

I have not noticed any air deflection problems, nor any additional wind noise. I think the Murano may be slightly more aerodynamic than a Suburban.

It does really look seamless on my Black Mo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts