Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody ordered the weathertech rubber mats for the MO?? If so how do they fit?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I do

I purchased the front mats for my 2K Maxima. They did not fit at all. I called them to see if they actually had measured for a 2K Max before making them. They said they did. So now I have them in my M-O. They fit better believe it or not. THe quality of the mats is very good. Whats nice about weather tech is that if your not satisfied with the product they will refund your money back no problem. I would go ahead and order them and try them out. I know there are some better fitting mats out there. NOt sure who makes them.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went ahead and ordered tne entire set of mats. To be honest they fit great. I would recommend them to anybody.

·
4,664 Posts
I've seen pics of them and they fit pretty good, but the OEM mats are an awesome fit. (The rubber ones...)

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the latte interior and didn't want the black mats...That is why I went with the rubber mats from weathertech I was able to get tan ones to match the interior.

·
4,664 Posts
I'm with you there... The black ones would have been hideous!!!

I've got the charcoal interior, so it works out for me. It's too bad Nissan didn't offer more colours.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I bought the carpeted type mats front/back.

No problem with the back. Fronts are slightly smaller than regular carpet mats that come with the MO. I have a feeling the fronts are generic, meaning they probably fit other vehicles and were not custom fit for the MO.

I have the cafe latte, and the tan mats are pretty close to the interior colour.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered them for my 03 Murano, and they fit just like the carpeted mats that came with it. I have the black leather interior, so the black rubber mats go great with it. The best thing is, these rubber mats are made to last. Very thick rubber with deep grooves, which we need for Vermont winters to keep the interior looking good!

·
4,664 Posts
Them being which? I've got the OEM rubber mats... (Came with the carpeted ones, so I didn't need to buy those.) and the fit is exceptional. They go right to the edges with no gap, all the way around. I've never seen a better fit, and the pictures I've seen of the Weathertech mats show a gap, but still fit better than others.

I still give the Nissan rubber mats a 9 out of 10 (They don't cover the floor between the back passengers) the Weathertechs a good 8.5 and everything else I've seen has been a 4.

·
Registered
76 Posts
yeah i got the full set rubbermats from the get go. i dont like how they dont cover the middle part of the back passenger seats though. so i went to home hardware and got myself a small piece of plastic floor mat for the middle. they look great
the cargo rubber mat is very useful too!

·
Registered
180 Posts
I too give the Nissan mats two thumbs up, except for the lack of coverage in the middle rear.

For those interested in something slightly different, I HIGHLY recommend Husky Liners. They're a little pricey but I had them in my old Pathfinder and currently have them in the boss' Frontier. They're exceptional, for both fit and coverage/containment. I would have bought them but they didn't have them out in time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just want everyone to know that the previous post with my user name was my wife. She loves this site and was looking around the forums and wanted to leave a reply regarding the "weathertech rubber mats" question.

I love her dearly, but she didn't fully understand the original post by "milgrad". The rubber mats we have for our Murano where ordered from the local Nissan dealer, and are the type that come as an accessory for the Murano.

They are indeed great fitting rubber mats with no gaps on the side, and solid all the way through. I do agree with "jaak" on his rating of the mats "9 out of 10", for the same reason "They don't cover the floor between the back passengers". But other wise there great, and I would highly recommend them.

I'm going to find something at the local auto store to fill the gap on the floor for the middle rear seat.

Just wanted everyone to be clear on what rubber mats we bought.

·
Registered
43 Posts
In my opinion Weathertech mats are a good fit but garbage quality. I had a set in my Dodge Ram and they wore through and shredded in less than a year. I called them and they told me that there was no warranty on them, but since I had a problem they would make the extreme exception to sell me just the one (driver side) that I needed. Yeah right, I bought a garbage product and now I want more garbage product at MSRP. I've been using the Walmart copies for 2 years now and they look like new and cost 7.99 each. True they don;'t fit exactly, but at least they work and last.

I'll never buy another Wtech product again. Their rubber is too soft and they have no warranty support. I threw away $100 worth of mats after the driver side wore through.

By the way, the Dodge Ram is a commuter truck, not a work truck so they were never abused or beat up, they're just junk.

Your results may vary.

If you can live with a non-exact fit try the Walmarts. At $32/4 you can buy new ones every 2 years 3 times for the cost of the Wtechs. Save your money !!

REVHIGH

1 - 13 of 13 Posts