Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I guess the only thing to do is to buy it and try it! I am concerned it will decrease headlight illumination. Plus, Nissan headlight covers are made from Lexan polycarbonate I believe, which is pretty indestructible.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I tried to install these but I couldn't get it to lay correctly on the lens. Maybe it was too cool out, maybe I should have heated it up with a hairdryer as the instructions suggest, and maybe I just didn't have the patience to do it right. :(

I did apply the fog light covers though. They went on very easily.

·
Registered
66 Posts
No your not the only one. I spent about two hours trying to get this product to work and followed all directions. There are too many curves in the Murano headlights for this product to be installed by yourself. I think there is someone here in this forum that got these and made it work. One Headlight cover started pealing a month after install so I took it off. I recommend not to spend the money on this from Weathertech. THeir other products do work good though. I do have their plate covers you asked about in the post above.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I have it installed on my MO. No issues with it. I had an X-Pel clear bra installed so I had the installer put the lights covers on for me. He did say it was difficult to do, but he was able to get them on. No issues with different light patterns....Hope this helps...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: WeatherTech LampGards

I like them, but they were difficult to fit properly to the Murano headlights, too many wavy curves and bumps. I got most of the bubbles out, but already the right side lampgard has come unstuck on one side.
I followed the instructions, using a hairdryer etc. but maybe it was too cold here in Boston that day.
To sum up, they weren't that easy to put on, so that they look invisible. I settled for an okay look and good protection.
I figure they'll have to come off sometime in the next two years, but by then they'll have served their purpose and I wont care about the headlights as much...

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts