Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing research on a better way to tow my new trailer that has 2700 # GVW empty ( probably 3200# with all the goodies) and about 350 # TW.
Every available receiver for our Muranos with a 2 inch square hole, class III has a mention not to use with Weight Distibution Hitches and is limited to to 300# TW. This sucks. Apparently we are stuck towing in conventional mode, weight on the hitch. The WDH would be a great solution for towing with a front wheel drive vehicle. Apparently the "car like" frame that we have, can not take the torque from a WDH. I talked to Reese ( Draw-Tite), Curt, Hidden Hitch, Quality S makers, even the dealer with the Murano "official" hitch. Same story, no WDH.

Marius
04 White SL AWD

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Bummer.
I wonder if you could go with some light duty bars on a WDH and just not twist them up so tight. It's kind of cheating, but something is better than nothing.
I bet they think you are gonna try to put way more on that hitch than what you have. I had a medium size light weight travel trailer (25) that was way over 5000lbs loaded. I think that might just torque ole Mo too much.

You should at least get some air bags for the springs in back.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts