Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So weird thing happened to me today. It’s 50 degrees today and this morning as I got into my murano and started it I heard a weird loud noise coming from the front of the car. Probably the engine or God knows what. As if something was stuck. It’s NEVER happened before. This is the first time. I thought it could be the cold weather but it’s not that cold for the car to be making weird noises. Besides it’s not an old car. I bought it brand new 9 months ago. Anyway, has anyone experienced something like this with your muranos? I have my appt at the dealership soon for my 6 month checkup so I’ll mention it to them.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
How long did the noise last?

Did you happen to notice how high the RPMs were at the time of the noise?

Is the coldest morning you have started it?

The engine RPMs may higher for a few seconds on startup, do you think this what may have you heard?

Can you provide a more detailed description of the noise?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How long did the noise last?

Did you happen to notice how high the RPMs were at the time of the noise?

Is the coldest morning you have started it?

The engine RPMs may higher for a few seconds on startup, do you think this what may have you heard?

Can you provide a more detailed description of the noise?
It probably lasted like less than a minute and no I didn’t notice it. I was in the passenger seat. And nope. I’ve started my car on 40 degree weather before heading to work and it’s never done that noise. I’ve been running errands today since that noise happened and every time I start my car it’s normal. No weird noise anymore.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
The heating system makes a fairly constant and noticable turbine sound when on. Was the heat on? If so, at what speed? Do you typically drive the car or are you driven? If you typically drive it, suddenly being a passenger would certainly make you hear things slightly differently.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The heating system makes a fairly constant and noticable turbine sound when on. Was the heat on? If so, at what speed? Do you typically drive the car or are you driven? If you typically drive it, suddenly being a passenger would certainly make you hear things slightly differently.
No the heater was off. And the driver heard it as well not just me.

·
The Phone Booth Fanatic
1,259 Posts
Rodent (squirrel, chipmunk, etc.) under the hood? I had something similar happen when I parked my Mo outside while I was working in the garage. I heard the noise when I started the car before backing it back into the garage. In my case it was a chipmunk and he devastated my garage door seal trying to get out.

Reactions: MuranoSL2003
1 - 6 of 6 Posts