Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been noticing a weired CRANKING noise coming out from the front as i change my gear from P down to D. and also i notice it while driving. any one got an idea what could be the reason for this ?

the sound is also there when i am driving at speed limit and there are just regular bumps (not the big pot holes or anything that might hurt the car).

i first ignored it but now its becoming prominent and i am planning to get it checked this weekend.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I agree with Dennis. Metal CVT scoop or a bent/loose heat shield under the car somewhere.

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^, sweet, i will get down the car today and see if it is the scoop making noise.

·
4,601 Posts
Crank, Clank or Whirring?

Does it sound like this? What is this whirring sound?

Speaking of scoops, mine was finally replaced, with a metal one. Surprised me! I thought I'd get a plastic one!

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
jaak said:
Crank, Clank or Whirring?

Does it sound like this? What is this whirring sound?

Speaking of scoops, mine was finally replaced, with a metal one. Surprised me! I thought I'd get a plastic one!
HEhe the metal CVT scoop rules! 24,000 miles and haven't bent mine yet. :p

·
4,601 Posts
Eric L. said:

HEhe the metal CVT scoop rules! 24,000 miles and haven't bent mine yet. :p
Well you can bet I'll take care of this one!

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
jaak said:

Well you can bet I'll take care of this one!

Car is at the dealer now, I'm sure they'll run it over a few curbs to dent that baby up real good. :rolleyes:

·
5,244 Posts
I had similar problem and as Dennis suggested CVT scoop was the one "responsible" for that. Once diagnosed it was 5 min job to strightend the offender up!;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts