Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,511 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
This forum has changed a lot. Same great people, however the new look with all the ad's and whatnot is a downturn from what this forum used to be: simple and straight forward. What exactly is a "supporting vendor" and how does it benefit us? I'm trying to keep an open mind to the new look and function of this site but it's getting harder to. If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
And they pay for that privilege.
It's not a terrible thing.
Most forums do this.

The drawback is....if you develop a little thigamajig for the MO and want to tell people about it, that would be considered advertising and you would have to
pay to become a supporting vendor....... and vendors who are not supporting vendors will not be allowed to post here.

Homer

·
Registered
12,511 Posts
This is going to take some getting use to. The advertisements now take up over 50% of the forum's homepage. Another supporting vendor or two and there might not be any room for the posts. :eek:

-njjoe

·
Registered
384 Posts
This is going to take some getting use to. The advertisements now take up over 50% of the forum's homepage. Another supporting vendor or two and there might not be any room for the posts. :eek:

-njjoe
I agree. Is there any way to move the advertisements to the bottom? Not to mention that all this added clutter is making the page take longer to load on mobile devices like my iPad and blackberry....

·
Administrator
9,583 Posts
I've been very pleased with Discount every time I've done bidness widdem.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Thanks for the comments guys and thanks for your support. We're enthusiasts just like you, we just happen to sell wheels and tires. We're here to help, not spam. We will post specials, sales and or limited discounts in our Vendor section. We will be posting helpful information, fitment information, tire and wheel recommendations, etc. that pertain to your vehicle's wheels and tires in the Wheel and tire section that we now sponsor. This is usually done by responding to members questions. If you choose to purchase from us, great, you'll be working with one of the best Wheel and tire retailers in the world. If not today, we hope you'll give us a shot at your business someday.

We're glad to be here and look forward to chatting with you all.

-Travis

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Hey Travis,

I do have a question for you guys in regards to the kinds of discounts we could get as board members. Will the discounts you post on the site be the standard rubber stamp discounts that everybody else gets? Or will we be getting better discounts because we belong to the board? One thing I would love to do is print out a voucher from this site as a board member and present it to the desk at Discount Tire for an additional above-and-beyond discount.

One of the things that gets to me when businesses advertise on the internet is the feeling you're special and will get a better discount than if you go through the store or through a paper ad. But when you go to research, the sale it's designed for everybody regardless of where they are, who they're affiliated with, etc. Companies that have better discounts because of memberships appeal to me a lot more because you're being benefited because of your affiliation. If you have an Alaska Airlines Visa card then you can check in up to 2 bags for free. Otherwise, you have to pay $20 per bag on check-in. Get my point?

Ultimately, tires have to be sold to keep that delicate balance of price and quality. If I can get a comparable tire at a different place for cheaper on standard discounts, guess where I'll go?

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Hey Warhammer. Thanks for the comments and questions. I am in the same boat as you. I love getting discounts above and beyond when I can but, to me, that only really matters if, in the end, I am getting the very best price. Will I pay a little more for better service. Yes, but I have my limits.

I don't have a lot of money myself so when I purchase something I research. I ask friends and family about the companies they use and the products they like. I talk to professionals if I feel I need to know more before I make a purchase and I read, read, read until I make up my mind on what I want to buy. Once I have my mind made up I then shop for the best price with the best service. When I shop online I take my price search all the way to the cart to check shipping costs, taxes and any other charges that may apply. I also consider the costs of any additional services or work I may have to do when the product gets to my door. I also use the internet to search for coupons and discount codes for the companies I already know and love but I am never impressed with a discount from a company that only puts my bottom line at or near the rest of the market. To me, I'd rather buy from the company without an over inflated price. Once I have the best price (with or without a "discount") for the product and the service I make my purchase.

So, back to Discount Tire Co.

Discount Tire Co is an awesome company. I say this as a customer and as an employee. Discount Tire wants you to get the best price and above that, we want you to get the best service as well. We want this for you and everyone else that purchases from us. Unlike some of our competitors we don't inflate our prices just so we can offer select groups a discount. Instead, we guarantee the lowest delivered price to everyone that purchases from us everyday.

With all this said. Discount Tire does offer discounts from time to time. (Some of you may still remember the crazy sale we had back in October of 2006) Our discounts come right off the top of our already low prices and they truly are a savings for you. Watch for them to be posted here and on our website. www.tires.com

If that's not enough for you, On this forum we do plan on running some contests and giveaways for the members here. It's not uncommon that the winners receive Discounts, gift cards or other goodies so keep an eye out for those. This is our way of thanking the members here for their support in Discount Tire Co.

-Travis

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.