Nissan Murano Forum banner

81 - 100 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had the same problem but I fixed by replacing the two camshaft sensors
Is 20 min job, you only need a 10 mm socket, there is a video on youtube that shows how to unpluged the conector( is not difficult )

?

·
Registered
34 Posts
New Member - 2017.5 Platinum

Hello!! My name is Dan and I live about 35 miles west of Boston, MA.

Last week I took delivery of my 2017.5 Murano Platinum ( with Tech Package ). Like many others on this forum, I also test drove a number of competitive SUV's before I decided on the Murano ( which I test drove 3 times ).

What sold me on the Murano was its styling, the comfortable seats, the ride and the safety equipment. Another factor was how much I've enjoyed my 2010 Infiniti M35X ( purchased new ). If the Murano holds up as well as my Infiniti, which I still own, then I'll be one happy man.

I'm looking forward to being a part of this Murano forum.

Dan
2017.5 Murano Platinum - Artic Blue Metallic
W/Tech

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hello! I'm a 26 years old female lives in Eastern Tennessee area.

I just happened to get my first Murano this month from a Nissan Dealer who recommended it to me. I've been wanting an SUV before but I never went far into detail on what I want until the guy showed me this wonderful vehicle. I love it, it got a lot of stuff in it! I think it's one of the premium package, which I just kind of found out.

I've been an everyday driver for work and school, and I feel it's a great addition to such a lovely ride. Alongside with a 2013 Nissan Frontier truck, I'm happy!

I came to the site to learn more about my Murano, what can I do and find out why I get a SiriusXM letter in a mail saying I'm using a 3-month free subscription when I don't see any SiriusXM radio related is being in use? I hope to find the place to ask the question like these on the forum so I can move on forward.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, new owner in south Georgia of a 2011 Murano S due to a wreck of our truck. Also own a 2000 Nissan Frontier. So far we are really liking the Murano but have a lot to figure out. We didn't get the owner's manual so I'm looking for one.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Greetings from Alberta, Canada!

New owner of a 2017 Murano SL. At the age of 53, it's my first new vehicle! My previous vehicles over the last 30 years have all been Toyota (a Camry, a couple of 4Runners, and my current other vehicle, a 2013 Tacoma). We're really happy with the new ride, especially with the way it handles all of the winter snow conditions! I wish there was a cheap way to get Android Auto into the head unit and hopefully I'll hear of a way here!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I guess I better post in here to make it official – just picked up this 2018 S yesterday and really couldn’t be happier with the ride and features for such a base model. Thanks for the good forum and I hope I don’t make too much of a pest of myself in the months to come

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I use a Nissan Murano manufactured 2007. It's my first Murano. But I've used Nissan Sunny before now. I'm the third owner. It's powers and steams well.

I'm particularly interested in the Transmission Fluid Change. Mine is obviously due. I've got close to 80k on my odometer.

I live in Nigeria.

·
Registered
24 Posts
First time Murano owner, after 20 yrs American made Chevys. Bought used 2015 Platinum with tech package, love it so far.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I do have to say, I read the thread "what do you dislike", sort of got freaked out :).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to NissanMurano! We ask that as a new member you post an introduction and let us get to know a bit about you. Tell us about your current/past/future Murano's, your driving history, and what brought you to our site.

Welcome aboard!

Your NissanMurano Staff

Hi to all.

Really ashamed that I have to "beg" for help, in Canada I used to fix my American made cars by myself - but this Nissan here in Europe is too big problem for me
and especially nobody here knows this animal,, please read further:

:(
have 2015 Murano Platinum AWD, unfortunately took it with me when relocating due to old age from Canada to the Czech Republic
winshield got cracked in the container, and both fenders little bump marks from the falling beam
got it fixed here in Prague (czech republic), car work OK only two problems.

Forward Emergency Braking system and Predictive Collision Warning system do NOT WORK yet ICC - Intelligent Cruise Control WORKS without any problem
all of those features are using Radar Sensor in front of the car, so i do think that if Intelligent Cruise Control is working that Radar sensor is OK

It is quite puzzling - additional problem is that this type of Murano is NOT sold in Europe, (3,5 Liter version gas)

please can anybody help me?

Frank Tresnak

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi to all.

Really ashamed that I have to "beg" for help, in Canada I used to fix my American made cars by myself - but this Nissan here in Europe is too big problem for me
and especially nobody here knows this animal,, please read further:

have 2015 Murano Platinum AWD, unfortunately took it with me when relocating due to old age from Canada to the Czech Republic
winshield got cracked in the container, and both fenders little bump marks from the falling beam
got it fixed here in Prague (czech republic), car work OK only two problems.

Forward Emergency Braking system and Predictive Collision Warning system do NOT WORK yet ICC - Intelligent Cruise Control WORKS without any problem
all of those features are using Radar Sensor in front of the car, so i do think that if Intelligent Cruise Control is working that Radar sensor is OK

It is quite puzzling - additional problem is that this type of Murano is NOT sold in Europe, (3,5 Liter version gas)

please can anybody help me?

Frank Tresnak

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello fellow Muranoans,

I'm the proud owner of Gordita, a black 2011 LE.

She's my second murano. The first one was a blue 2004 SL, still in love with the model since then.

Joined the forum to learn more from other murano fans out there.

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all!
My wife got a 2018 silver Murano Platinum FWD last September, after a successful test drive. After getting the opportunity to drive hers now and then, I liked it so much, I wanted one too! She gave me the go ahead and I got a 2018 Platinum AWD in gunmetal metallic, with chrome wheels. She came out of a 2011 Lincoln MKX and said the steering was too stiff and couldn't adjust the seat and steering to get comfortable. I asked her why it took 8 years to come to that observation, but I digress. We both love our Muranos! We both had Lexus Rx 350s in the past and loved most things about them except the price. We saw what came standard on the Platinum and thought, WOW, almost everything available on the Lexus for many thousands less! We do, however, both have one nagging issue with our Muranos. They did not come with "That new car smell" we are all used to. Instead, they developed an odor that was initially kind of like a cross between street tacos with a slightly over-toasted tortilla, and body odor. It has not gotten markedly worse, but is nonetheless annoying. Both vehicles came from two different dealers, hundreds of miles apart, so we think it's a standard "feature."
We joined this group to learn how we might eliminate this issue.

·
Registered
855 Posts
My wife has a ‘16 Plat awd and I liked it so much I got a ‘17.5 and now an ‘18 base S fwd model. We take hers on the road and mine around town when we’re together.

I’m driving a loaner Pathfinder while they fix a tire issue, and the Murano is on another level, even in base model trim. Mine is a very nice car, and have had some nice ones.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you for the welcome. I was very happy to find this site. As a new owner, it is comforting to know there is a place to go for answers to the questions that I'm bound to have and share in your Murano experiences.

My wife and I just replaced our 2011 Altima with a new 2018 Murano SL Midnight edition. While I wasn't really looking to replace the car with an SUV, my wife was. I tried to make it look like I was compromising but, in reality, the Murano won me over very quickly and I'm looking forward to driving this one for many years.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First let me say this, thanks you guys. I bought my nissan murano a year now it's a wonderful car, runs great until i started to experience awd problem where it's stuck in awd , it drive but it won't come out of awd wheni switch it off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm from Denver CO, bought my 2nd Murano, a 2017 SL AWD w/27000 miles. The 2004 Murano was the best vehicle I've ever owned (besides one prob with it, the drivers seat integrity, it broke after 3 yrs). I've owned lots of vehicles from the Ford explorer and expedition, Toyota sequoia and highlander, to Honda crv my last car. I loved the integrity of the body style on the 2017, test drove it along with the Ford edge and Lexus nx, and it was a no-brainer to me which one to pick!

Glad to be here.... looking for advice on playing android on the system.

81 - 100 of 127 Posts